Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Anti-Lift Kits Perrin vs. Whiteline in Street Mod

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2012, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo
Can you take a picture of this?
Sure I'll take a picture of it soon. The car handles so much better especially at low speeds. Its simply amazing.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by alleggerita
The dent required for the Perrin kit is smaller or in some cases possibly not required at all if you put the spacer on top, eg set it up for anti lift.
Is that not the opposite of what is wanted (from reading the article posted by GTWORX)?
Old Jan 6, 2012, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The stock rear LCA bushing, due to its softness, is horrible for normal driving, e.g. tramlining, twitchy due to constant toe changes. I actually have a hard time understanding how anyone can live with it in a DD. It actually feels less bothersome once you put some real load into it driving the car hard, as the bushing just seems to take a set.

Taking the slop out of it transforms the car though ... among other things making it way more enjoyable to drive as a DD. Adding caster is bonus .... as far as I am concerned the more the merrier ... and that quick steering ratio doesn't feel fast at all anymore ... just right ....

If you can't change to spherical (eg PSRS, Whiteline) in your class, Ralliart makes a stiffer stock type bushing .... don't think a polybushing would be the way to go in that location ...
Old Jan 6, 2012, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by timmiii
Sure I'll take a picture of it soon. The car handles so much better especially at low speeds. Its simply amazing.
thanks.. i'll defintely have to do this sooner or later.

so no real compromise in terms of nvh? any differences in tire wear, high speed stability/twitchiness etc?
Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

thanks.. i'll defintely have to do this sooner or later.

so no real compromise in terms of nvh? any differences in tire wear, high speed stability/twitchiness etc?
Slightly more noise but i mean slight. The steering becomes more sensative and direct. So far the only other thing I noticed is that the car follows the road crown more but I'm not sure if thats a good or bad thing.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by timmiii
Slightly more noise but i mean slight. The steering becomes more sensative and direct. So far the only other thing I noticed is that the car follows the road crown more but I'm not sure if thats a good or bad thing.
no shaking/vibrating increase rfom the steering wheel thoguh right?
Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Minimal increase in NVH on expansion joints and road divider dots with added caster PSRS/spacer on top/ALK set-up, Whiteline RCK and front LCA spherical bearing (Robispec set-up). Front suspension feels similar to stock rear suspension now, whereas it felt slightly more dampened over those surfaces before. Not annoying in any way. A revelation. This is how the car should come from the factory. Much better turn-in but less twitchy at the same time - seems contradictory. Much better stability at any speed.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 07:07 AM

There are two types of Perrin, one with PSRS and the other at zero.
Which is better for DD.
I will be using the Whiteline front roll center adj and front lower control arm bushing

Last edited by midegade; Jan 9, 2012 at 07:19 AM. Reason: More info added
Old Jan 9, 2012, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

To drive more caster feels better any day even on a DD. With the spacer on top you might get away w/o notching on the chassis. Whiteline front LCA bushing may not be a good idea as with the PSRS fitted as that bushing will have both rotational forces and angular twist on it which may make it bind. IMO, spherical or rubber is better in that place w/ the PSRS fitted.

Originally Posted by midegade
There are two types of Perrin, one with PSRS and the other at zero.
Which is better for DD.
I will be using the Whiteline front roll center adj and front lower control arm bushing
Old Jan 9, 2012, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

did anyone ever confirm if you had to bang out part of the chassis for the whiteline piece like you did for the perrin?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

no shaking/vibrating increase rfom the steering wheel thoguh right?
Nope everything just feels solid. I did my steering rack bushings and the Whiteline anti-lift bushings all at once but I can definitely say with confidence that the car feels twice as responsive. The response is even more like a go-kart now than before I did the bushings.

I also added the spacers, it didn't stop the noise 100% but it did decrease around 50%. The washer is in blue and I put it on the bottom of the bushing. This was the driver side LCA, the passenger side is the same thing.

Old Jan 10, 2012, 08:25 PM

sub'd for good info
Old Jan 11, 2012, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by alleggerita
To drive more caster feels better any day even on a DD. With the spacer on top you might get away w/o notching on the chassis. Whiteline front LCA bushing may not be a good idea as with the PSRS fitted as that bushing will have both rotational forces and angular twist on it which may make it bind. IMO, spherical or rubber is better in that place w/ the PSRS fitted.
Thanks for the advice.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 07:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I like that the bearing in the whiteline part is sealed.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by GTWORX.com
I like that the bearing in the whiteline part is sealed.
if one was inclined to do so, something like these would probably work fine on the perrin part.

http://www.sealsit.com/rodend.asp

Quick Reply: Anti-Lift Kits Perrin vs. Whiteline in Street Mod