Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Has anyone used godspeed sway bars?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone used godspeed sway bars?

Im thinking about buying these sway bars off ebay, they claim to be some of the best on the market and the price is killer. Any input?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
A few people have. A few reviews said figment was ok but some didn't fit at all. The welds are horrible.

I run a tanabe front and hotchicks "or how ever its spelt" rear. There imo the best quality and the lightest trustworthy swaybars. Buschur racing sells them
Old Sep 30, 2011, 06:07 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by PatricksEvilEvo
Im thinking about buying these sway bars off ebay, they claim to be some of the best on the market and the price is killer. Any input?
<grin> Why look any further, if that's what they say? (In the future, you may want to include a link)

Really, stick with a proven/tested product. FWIW, I run Whitelines.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was considering buying those godspeed, but figured it was too good to be true, sometimes when buying cheaper parts, you downgrade from stock instead of upgrading.. so I went with the hotchkis rear ( left the front stock) and I like it a lot so far... my advice, if you really want/need to upgrade swaybars, keep front stock, replace rear with hotchkis
Old Sep 30, 2011, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Go with the proven ones: Whiteline, Progress, Hotchkis, Perrin, Cusco, H&R, Swift.

I've used or installed: Whiteline, H&R, Swifts, Perrin, Progress. Satisfied with them all.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 09:27 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 723 Likes on 566 Posts
IMO a bar is a bar. All that matters is the specs (% stiffer values if offered, if not then I just wouldn't bother with that brand in the first place) and how well they fit.

If fit is terrible, you'd read about it cause people love to ***** about something they paid for not being perfect.

How to know how much stiffer to go? It depends personal preference, tires, current spring rates, etc, but its still not that scientific. If you have a set of GTworx/Swift spring go with a stiffer front and adjustable rear. If you're running 700/900 ft/rr rates with a upgraded diff maybe a stock bar is all that's needed (my case).

On evo's Ive used whiteline and hotchkiss. The hollow hotchkiss is nice since at its lowest setting its not too much stiffer than stock (13% IIRC). Whiteline bars are burly and the front is a PITA to install but was worth it.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:23 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Dallas J
If fit is terrible, you'd read about it cause people love to ***** about something they paid for not being perfect.
If i recall, there was a thread with someone *****ing about the godspeed bar.

I think the diameter was not as advertised as well? Can't remember but worth a search for the OP.

- Andrew
Old Oct 3, 2011, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I posted about it. Only reason I went Godspeed was it was light. Their advertising is complete BS. They claim it is stiffer because it's chromoly; if you know anything about materials then you'd know chromoly is not stiffer then normal mild steel. Anyway, here is my thoughts:

The OD is smaller then what they advertise which means it may not even be as stiff as the stock bar since it is hollow
The welds are junk
The finish is junk
Fitment seemed fine

All that said...it's light. That's about all it has going for it though.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 11:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I installed one a couple months ago $99 shipped was not bad. Here is what you REALLY have to know about this bar in particular.
It is the same OverallDiameter as stock and lighter in weight.
It IS stiffer than stock by changing the design of the bends, mainly the corners with a U shape get changed to square shape. The stiffness seems good for lightly modified evos. It reduces understeer alot to a mostly neutral handling.
The BUSHINGS that come with it MUST BE CUT OFF AND TRASHED, they don't fit properly at ALL. But I had a barely used set of 22mm energy suspension swaybar bushing that fit perfect on the godspeed rear swaybar.

Reliability is unknown but so far it doesn't seem like it is weak, seems like it will last me a while.