Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

KW Robispec Race coilovers set up

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KW Robispec Race coilovers set up

I need some set up advice from anyone who has KW Robispec Race coilovers installed on their Evo. I have an Evo 9 set up for Time Attack.

My first track day of the year is coming up in two weeks and I need a base line setting for my coilovers. Since they have been installed, I have only driven 500 miles to break in my engine, then my car car went back in the shop for more tuning/upgrades.

I have no idea what the setting are out of the box, but they were fine for street driving but I know they won't hold up at the track.

My car has Perrin PSRS front control arm bushings, Whiteline front roll center kit and bumpsteer kit, all car bushings replace by poly (engine mounts/ tranny diff, supension etc), stock roll bar front and rear as per rules, Shepherd tranny/ rear diff/ transfer case, Enkei RPF1 18x10s with 275/35/18 Dunlop Direzzas, and the stock 7k/8k front and rear springs.

I will have no time to set up my coilovers as this will be my first time at the track and I won't do it on the street because laws around here are so tough that 40 km/h over the speed limit will get your car impounded for a week first offense. Keep it on the track.

I just need an idea of a baseline setting from any owners out there. Thank you very much in advance.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Depends on so many factors even for a baseline so I can't tell ya for sure, but if I had to guess i'd start 8 clicks from hard and stiffen/loosen from there. Rebound in the rear i'd do 5 or so from closed.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 01:00 PM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is this your first time at the track ever? Or do you mena first time at the track with this suspension setup?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just turn the dials in the front some and also some in the back.