Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Those running the Buschur front member - running any bars at all?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2012, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those running the Buschur front member - running any bars at all?

I know running the Buschur front member ditches the factory under braces, wondering if anyone that auto-x's/tracks their car added after market ones or if they just run without anything?
Old Mar 18, 2012, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
That bar puts you in either a prepared or a modified category, can't remember which. I don't think it is legal for street mod though. If you are aware, sorry, just thought I'd mention it.

I ran with out them simply because mine got bent to hell after hitting a ladder on the freeway.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I think the argument left off with it being questionably legal for SM...with the main pro point being that the piece's sole purpose is to support the motor mount, and if that were the case, the whole thing could be considered a motor mount assembly, and could be modified. I think that interpretation is definitely a stretch...
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are we talking about the front cross member?

-Acree
Old Mar 19, 2012, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Hey, I'm all for considering it a "motor mount" and it being legal in SM. For a local event, I'm sure nobody would complain. I am 99% sure nobody would care in my region anyway as SM isn't really a competitive class and any car they have trouble classing, that's where they put it.

Nationals?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, the front cross member. Im not worried about it being legal or bumping me up a class or two (Im already in modified), I just know some people claimed the carbing 6 pt bar was a noticeable handling improvement but I am more worried about getting the light weight front cross member so Im wondering if since people can feel the 6 pt under brace can people feel removing the stock bars? And also if people were using the 6 pt brace to counteract losing the stock under bracing.

Last edited by 2StepsAhead; Mar 19, 2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i dont know how much you can feel with the stock flimsy cross braces. the 6 point should have a "better feel" because its 1 piece and attaches to 6 points on the car versus 2 3/4" thick metal pieces that just tie side to side. im not justifying it does anything, but i do believe it has better support than the stock pieces. im interested to know if anyone really improved on upgrading the ladder bars.
i dont know anyone who auto-x has upgraded the ladder bars, i think its solely because it bumps you to prepared or something

but if your looking to decrease weight, why would u put the 6 point on to add weight? altho its in the middle of the car versus the front.

Last edited by sujinX; Mar 19, 2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Well I dont believe the carbing 6 pt would add as much weight as I removed, would it be 'worth' it for the even smaller than normal weight reduction? For me thats my next route, I was just really wondering if anyone ditched the stock bars and noticed a reduction in rigidity up front and was wondering if anyone did anything to counteract it.