Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Bilstein B6-HD Vs Bilstein B8

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2016, 03:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by captinnitro
So What ever happen with the B8s. I put lower springs and killed my struts rather quickly. I am about to purchase a set of B8s. I know I am not qualified to write a report but I will let you guys know how they feel in comparison to the stock Evo MR.
Have you received and installed the b8s yet? I get a company discount on all bilstein parts and trying to decide on the b6 hd vs b8s. I get $215 a piece for the fronts and $111 For the rears. I guess for the price I should just pull the trigger and report back
Old Apr 7, 2016, 06:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I tried to order. the B8s front is on back order with no ETA in sight I was told. I am stuck going with b6s in front. Have not order yet but I am looking for options.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 08:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I tried to order. the B8s front is on back order with no ETA in sight I was told. I am stuck going with b6s in front. Have not order yet but I am looking for options.
Man that's not good to hear. Did you speak with a bilstein rep? I was really wanting the B8s to use with my siwft springs. Since those designed with lowered cars in mind. Guess I'll have to call on Monday. The rep that does employee discounts is off tomorrow
Old Apr 8, 2016, 08:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yes, I did and it's no good. The car its been on all 4s for the last 2 weeks. Time to get the car on the road. I can't wait forever. Moral of the story have all parts first before starting work.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
yes, I did and it's no good. The car its been on all 4s for the last 2 weeks. Time to get the car on the road. I can't wait forever. Moral of the story have all parts first before starting work.

im looking to order some B8's please. Anyone order these yet I need a safe place that ships them quick.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got my B6's off of Tirerack, they may have the B8's, i didn't check.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I just ordered B8's for cheap online so they are readily available. Can't wait!
Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:53 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 160 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by High_PSI
I just ordered B8's for cheap online so they are readily available. Can't wait!
Thread revival once again...did you ever get the b8's in?
Old Dec 22, 2018, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
any updates? or any place that refreshens up the OEM Bilsteins?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also interested in this, where’s a good place to buy? Only saw the B8’s on tire rack, the B6 look to be out of stock everywhere I look.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
So looks like we will never get the B6's back in stock....

What options do we have for stock like ride?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 05:03 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by tsitalon1
So looks like we will never get the B6's back in stock....

What options do we have for stock like ride?
If you mean a non-coilover option, then how about a set of non-abused OEM Bilsteins?. I guess you're looking for other non-coilover options?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
If you mean a non-coilover option, then how about a set of non-abused OEM Bilsteins?. I guess you're looking for other non-coilover options?
I'm only looking to get the car back to a stock suspension setup, so I need replacement shocks, however Bilstein shutdown their production line that manufactures these (directly from the Bilstein Rep) and their line was supposed to be back up and running by Oct 2018, well, that didn't happen that I can tell.

The problem is these shocks age in a way that makes them super hard and make a ton of clunking noise, so picking up "non-abused OEM Bilsteins" is a real gamble, you won't really know until you mount them and take her for a ride.

I'm currently on stock springs, but do have a set of swifts I can re-install and possibly use the B8's, but I really don't want too firm of a suspension. I'm looking for as close to stock as I can get for $500-600 for the fronts.. Backs were replaced with B6's last year.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by tsitalon1
I'm only looking to get the car back to a stock suspension setup, so I need replacement shocks, however Bilstein shutdown their production line that manufactures these (directly from the Bilstein Rep) and their line was supposed to be back up and running by Oct 2018, well, that didn't happen that I can tell.
That's good to know. I've had a set of B6 front struts on order through Summit since July 2018. They have a current ship date of January 31, 2019, but I'll believe it when I see it. The ship date has been moved back three or four times now.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MasterNater
That's good to know. I've had a set of B6 front struts on order through Summit since July 2018. They have a current ship date of January 31, 2019, but I'll believe it when I see it. The ship date has been moved back three or four times now.
I had the same and finally summit just cancelled my order and wouldn't let me place it again... LOL

Quick Reply: Bilstein B6-HD Vs Bilstein B8