Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Converting widebody AWD setup to non-widebody AWD setup

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2014, 11:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Converting widebody AWD setup to non-widebody AWD setup

Hey guys, I'm from Sydney Australia and basically want to do an evo AWD swap in my ce coupe or a 5G mirage as their known as here. The few that have done this swap convert to widebody and do the evo bodykit or use an evo 4 to keep non-widebody. I want to stay non-widebody but finding an evo 4 is very hard here plus those engines more commonly have crank walk issues and what not.

So what I want to do is use an evo 6, bolt it all up and then convert it back to non-widebody. So far for the front I have found that you can't interchange the control arms and the knuckles so I'd have to get evo 4 control arms, knuckles and driveshafts then can swap out the brembos as the bolt spacing is the same. This correct?

For the rear after some research I realised they use a knuckle setup also not a trailing arm setup. So from this I assumed I can still use the evo 6 rear knuckles and diff and I need the three evo 4 control arms and the cradle arms as well as the rear driveshafts from the evo 4. Is this right?

Thanks heaps guys!