Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

SuperPro DURO3741K Duroball spherical bearing for front control arm anyone?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2019, 01:53 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
bumping for updates. Opinions? I may be looking to get rid of my PSRS ( I don't think a wider/*possibly* taller tire will fit with it) and going to a different bushing. I'm not really sure if I need any offset, but the DuraBall looks to have quite a bit less than my PSRS, but maybe enough to end up trimming bumper vs sideskirt.
I'd like to run a 275+ tire.. as much as I can fit on an 11" wheel. Things are getting pretty tight up front, is all I'm saying LOL.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
bumping for updates. Opinions? I may be looking to get rid of my PSRS ( I don't think a wider/*possibly* taller tire will fit with it) and going to a different bushing. I'm not really sure if I need any offset, but the DuraBall looks to have quite a bit less than my PSRS, but maybe enough to end up trimming bumper vs sideskirt.
I'd like to run a 275+ tire.. as much as I can fit on an 11" wheel. Things are getting pretty tight up front, is all I'm saying LOL.
Had mine on for at least a year. Went from the oem bushing to the super pro one so I couldn't tell you any difference compared to other offset bushings. No complaints.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 03:19 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 723 Likes on 566 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
Easy enough to move the wheel back with an offset top hat. I think I recall someone using my Ohlin offset hats on the FAs but would have to double check your spacing if you wanted to go that route.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 06:30 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by Dallas J
Easy enough to move the wheel back with an offset top hat. I think I recall someone using my Ohlin offset hats on the FAs but would have to double check your spacing if you wanted to go that route.
I have Vorshlag plates. They didn't help as much as I'd like.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 06:35 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 723 Likes on 566 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
I have Vorshlag plates. They didn't help as much as I'd like.
IIRC, the Vorshlag plates were only offset 10mm? Or was it 15mm? Mine are 20mm, so if those are 10mm these would about double the move.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 06:42 PM
kaj

That would be awesome! If I'm at 7-7.5° caster now, another 10mm up top would be like
Old Apr 5, 2019, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dallas J
That's me, I use them on my FA 510's. They work great!
Old Apr 28, 2020, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
just a bump on this - the design has been updated. the holes that were present before (that kind of looked like bubbles) are no longer being filled. they say it transfers less road noise, without any impact on deflection or performance

The following 3 users liked this post by kyoo:
GG06MR (Apr 28, 2020), SoSoEVO (Aug 13, 2020), sumopower87 (Jul 28, 2020)
Old Aug 13, 2020, 09:31 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 160 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo
just a bump on this - the design has been updated. the holes that were present before (that kind of looked like bubbles) are no longer being filled. they say it transfers less road noise, without any impact on deflection or performance

I can confirm this, my SuperPro Duroball kit also had holes in them.

Last edited by SoSoEVO; Aug 13, 2020 at 09:39 AM.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 03:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SoSoEVO
I can confirm this, my SuperPro Duroball kit also had holes in them.
Is the picture of the instructions the correct way they’re supposed to be installed or only recommended?
Old Aug 9, 2023, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

So I went to install new bushings on the front control arm, the smaller front bushings. Upon taking the control arm off I noticed the Duroball bushing seems to have some sort of separation issue going on and start to crack as well.

Old Aug 10, 2023, 10:12 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 573 Likes on 431 Posts
If you'd like something more robust there are the Powerflex adjustable bushings. They don't use any poly in them.

https://www.wunderladenracing.com/co...41578440327361
Old Aug 10, 2023, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
how old are they? mine are still in the car but i got the revised version that has holes in it (post 143 in this thread)
Old Aug 10, 2023, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ayoustin
If you'd like something more robust there are the Powerflex adjustable bushings. They don't use any poly in them.

https://www.wunderladenracing.com/co...41578440327361
Since I'm running STU class I don't think I can get any that are all metal, so I would have to go poly route still. I did notice Whiteline has a poly version of there "caster correction" bushings. I did ask them the difference between the two and there "caster correction" one is all metal and the one I linked is poly.

https://stmtuned.com/products/kca469-evo-ct9a-front-control-arm-lower-inner-rear-bushings

Last edited by CaptainSquirts; Aug 10, 2023 at 04:25 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kyoo
how old are they? mine are still in the car but i got the revised version that has holes in it (post 143 in this thread)
I've had them installed I think around mid to late 2018, around 20kish miles with a nice bit of autocrossing. I did contact superpro and their revised version compared to mine and they said the following...

"It is effectively the same – yours has those holes as well, they’re simply filled in by a small ‘pour’ of 90A polyurethane – in the first of your two photos that is the piece that is separating – you could simply grab it and with a bit of force likely pull it out of the holes.
The holes themselves are there to take up any shrinkage during the curation process in the final bushing assembly. Initially these were then ‘filled’ by that small pour of additional poly. Initially tested to see if the assembly benefitted in anyway from filling those holes (it did not) it ended up being retained as the team apparently felt it made the assembly look better. At some stage they reversed course on that as it let us remove an unnecessary step from production that had no bearing on the performance of the finished product."

So the revised one may run into the same problem of the poly itself cracking. The part that separating from what it sounds like doesn't affect anything.

Am noting even though the warranty has expired on the bushing, SuperPro offered 50% off of the bushing if I wanted a replacement.

So the Whiteline and Superpro would be about the same price. I asked whiteline about it and they said the duro rating was 72. So Super pro is stiffer, which I don't mind, but which more durable is the question.

Last edited by CaptainSquirts; Aug 10, 2023 at 04:30 PM.

Quick Reply: SuperPro DURO3741K Duroball spherical bearing for front control arm anyone?