Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

trying to track down the part number for OEM Evo 8/9 MR Bilstein rear struts

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2016, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb trying to track down the part number for OEM Evo 8/9 MR Bilstein rear struts

I'm am trying to track down the part number for OEM Evo 8/9 MR Bilstein rear struts.
Sounds easy but after no luck on google I called Bilstein directly. They do not own the rights nor store any information on the OEM MR Bilstein strut set that they sub out to Mitsubishi. So they don't know the part number nor do they sell those struts to consumers. They only sell a similar but different HD Bilstein strut to consumers. The ride height on the HD strut is lower by 1/4"-1/2" compared to the OEM Evo 8/9 MR Bilstein rear strut I need. Also after calling Swift Springs because that is what I have in there, they confirmed they are different struts and recommend the Swift Spec-R springs to be applied on the OEM Evo 8/9 MR strut because that is what they were engineered for. Also, I like the higher ride because my tire rubs on that one lower side now. Only way to find the OEM Evo 8/9 MR Bilstein strut is on the internet (which I haven't found) OR obtain an Evo 8/9 MR VIN Number for the stupid stealership that can only search through VIN Numbers or a known part number. I don't have an MR, I have a GSR with MR struts swapped in so my VIN won't work.

Long story short, Anyone on here know the OEM Evo 8/9 MR Bilstein rear strut part number, want to give me their VIN number, or want to call the stealership with their VIN number and obtain the part number for me?

Sorry for the novel but I figured some of you Mitsu gods would appreciate the back story. You learn something new everyday.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 04:03 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
answered in your other thread, but ill post it here too because why not lol.

https://mitsubishiparts.net/parts/20...&siteid=218241
Old Nov 7, 2016, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks!

Thank you! What a crazy situation lol.