Notices
Evo Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interest Thread For Billet Rear Trailing Arms

Old Jan 28, 2019, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Liked 91 Times in 82 Posts
Originally Posted by ViciousLSD View Post
Stupid question: Can the rear lower control arm be mounted upside down? Trying to raise the spring perch and maybe move the shock back a bit
You probably could but it wouldn't be any different than raising the ride height.

Originally Posted by kaj View Post
I'm not 100% sure how a 275 tire will fit a 10.5 wheel....
It fits like this. Sorry, no dismounted photos on my phone

Edit: just kidding, 5 attempts to upload photos and they won't upload off my phone...

Old Jan 28, 2019, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ayoustin View Post
You probably could but it wouldn't be any different than raising the ride height.
My KW V3 coilovers does not have enough threads to lift the collar higher than 315 tires.
Using a sleeve spacer might be another path I can take, but that eats up clearance space
Old Jan 28, 2019, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Liked 91 Times in 82 Posts
My KW V3 coilovers does not have enough threads to lift the collar higher than 315 tires.
Using a sleeve spacer might be another path I can take, but that eats up clearance space
Is your ride height adjustment not a function of the shock body? I haven't looked at KW stuff for the evo so I'm not familiar with it. It sounds like your height adjustment is dependent on the lower spring perch?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Is your ride height adjustment not a function of the shock body? I haven't looked at KW stuff for the evo so I'm not familiar with it. It sounds like your height adjustment is dependent on the lower spring perch?
Yes but there's not enough threads to move the lower spring perch past .>25" tall tires and gain the clearance space occupied by the springs
Old Jan 29, 2019, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
The group buy ($250 discount) is on
https://www.gangup.com/apex/apex-18-...S2trJ-23Gp9Xh4
Guess I'm in, I was waiting on silver to be in stock anyway.

Was thinking about their tires too, the RSRRs are cheap but they're tall and run wide, so they're more like a 285/35/18. Nah, my liners don't deserve that punishment.

Edit:

Here's a much more expensive but interesting fitment for these arms. A $2,500 increase in cost for 2.5lbs savings per corner. Ehhh, I could do it, but it would be scary parking somewhere with these since I already had my RPF1s stolen in a nice neighborhood once. https://www.rallysportdirect.com/par...5x114-gunmetal

You won't fit an 11" up front without aftermarket fenders or mutilating the stock ones. I have 10.5" +10 right now up front and my fenders are pushed out about 20mm, rolled flat and pulled a bit. I rub the frame at full lock and there is still rubber on the fender lip from tire rub. Moving to 11" and wider tires means sacrificing max steering angle.

Also, for anyone who isn't aware, Forgestar makes their F14 wheel in just about any width and offset you want and price is on par with other wheels mentioned here: https://www.forgestar.com/wheels/rot...ck-series/f14/
I looked into these since your post, and I'll just leave this here. Seems like a fine company in terms of support, but I'm going to play it safe and stick to what people run on the track.

Last edited by Name User; Feb 3, 2019 at 01:39 PM.