Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Fitment?: OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 on Evo IX

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2018, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fitment?: OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 on Evo IX

Hey guys, (((Product in discussion: OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 35mm offset on 235/40ZR18 for Evo IX MR with Stock suspension setup)))

I'm looking to purchase these wheels+Tires for my car, I've spent quite some time searching for a definite answer in regards to the exact fitment of these wheels on my car, and the answers i've been getting is that: with many member didn't list their current car setup, i see some member saying that there's tire rubbing, (one member even said specifically doing hard left turn) some even say that there's rubbing on brake calibers, but there are also people that can confirm that it doesn't rub at all with or without full load.
Many of them mentioned that the size they are using is 18x9 instead of 18x8, and ofcourse the tire size ranges from 235 to 245 to 255 as well.

Alright, I really want to purchase these wheels asap, and i really really need help from all of you as to clear out these mess/answers regarding to these OZ ultras.
I'll appreciate if any members who have owned or have experience with these wheels can tell me that:
#1 Does my above listed size combo (Wheel+Tires+Offset+My stock setup) fits perfectly without any need of Spacers and it runs without Rubbing? (aka: no issues at all?)
#2 What size/combo do you guys recommend? I've seen most people getting 18x9 (with 245? 255?), but as a DD, i've heard some saying it's safer going with the close-to-stock setup 18x8 235, no fender rolling. Even thou it's not as pretty/flushed to the fender)
#3 If i do go with whatever you guys suggest, will that setup rub? needs spacer? fits without issue?

I know some of you might think i should post in the all tire/wheel fitment thread, but i really do desperately need suggestion asap as my current tires are running out of tread =(
Thank you guys so much in advanced.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 09:32 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
  1. This 18x8 +35 is a very EvO friendly size. Front spacer is very likely needed. Note: Very few wheels, especially a +35, will clear the Brembos w/out a spacer. No real fender work needed unless you run a wider tire (i.e. 255+)
  2. Size is really dependent on your level of rear fender work needed. Many of us like an aggressive set up running a wider tire (above 255). If you run a 255/35, you will likely need a rear fender roll for proper no rub clearance
  3. If you pick another wheel, post us the size & offset & we can offer an opinion on fit. If you go w/something more aggressive (i.e. 18x9" or 18 x 9.5") you have a better chance of clearing the front Brembos
Old Jul 8, 2018, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's where the confusing part is... i really hope some owners of these wheels can confirm with me about the fitment.

Anyway, in regards to what you suggest, im currently running these wheels: Motegi MR118 as spares (Link here).
They have much lower offset at 32mm and they fit like a glove and they look great since it's 5mm out from the stock 37mm offset.
I mean all wheels are design differently, but i still can't draw a conclusion that these wheels will fit with/without any add-on.

Hope some member can chip in, Thanks Mod. Hope you will understand.