Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Anyone running Bridgestone S007A tires?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2018, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone running Bridgestone S007A tires?

It's getting close to new tire time; I've got >15k miles on Michelin PSS. Overall I like them but they are definitely lacking in the sharp turn in feel that the Bridgestone RE-01 and RE-11 had- and they seem to wear as fast or faster. I'm looking for some feedback on the S007s as there's only a few reviews on Tire Rack. This is for a daily driven IX, stock size 235-45-17, no track time. I don't want a loud tire like the RE-71 or Direzza. Feel free to offer any other suggestions. TIA.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Look into the Hankook RS-4 or the NEXEN N'FERA SUR4G as a back up option. Not sure about the Bridgestone S007A sounds like a tire that will not be as sticky as the ones I mentioned as it is only 240 treadwear.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts
Any tire in the 200 tread wear will be loud/rough. From reading tireracks review of the tire it seems exactly what you want. Something that has better feeling than the PSS and not loud like the 71's. Seems like a solid choice. I dont believe a lot of people can give you thought about the tire since people either run one DD tire or the most grippy tires, usually not in between. I've driven on PSS and a couple 200 TW tires. So far the 615k+ were more quiet but my cars a little loud and pretty stiff. So tire noise never made a difference since other things made louder sounds.

Tire racks review
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:18 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Bridgestone has weird treadwear rating on some of their tires. Like they have some that are 140, but really they're more like a Michelin PSS as opposed to almost being an NT01 or R888. Reading the review, this tire seems like it is also more in line with a Michelin PSS or PS4s, which are great tires. Tirerack puts it in between the RE71 and S04. And frankly, the S04 is garabge. They also say the S007 lacks steering feel a bit, so you may end up right where you are with the PSS currently on the car.

Personally, I think the RE11 is a great tire, why not just go back to those?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 294 Likes on 235 Posts
You guys really think the RE71s are loud? Thats what I have on my car now and cant really complain about the noise. I mean ya I can hear them but I have had much worse tires before. I have RT615s waiting to go on and not expecting them to be any quieter, just stickier.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks
You guys really think the RE71s are loud? Thats what I have on my car now and cant really complain about the noise. I mean ya I can hear them but I have had much worse tires before. I have RT615s waiting to go on and not expecting them to be any quieter, just stickier.
Lol sorry to burst your bubble but 615k+ is not stickier.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CaptainSquirts
Lol sorry to burst your bubble but 615k+ is not stickier.
Seriously? I think you may be one of the first people I have heard say that. I havent done a back to back comparison so I dont know.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Tire is still good dont get me wrong. But if you're trying to get the edge you want to run the 71s, bfgoodrich rivals or Direzza Z3's. If you're not competitive, then there is no need for those and the 615k is close in terms of grip but cheaper. It's the best bang for buck in terms of performance and grip. There is a reason all the autocross users use re71s and rivals and not the 615s.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Did not know that. Guess wont swap them out then.

OP - You want some RT615s? I know someone who might be selling a set haha.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd love to buy the RE-11 but they're not available in the stock size- they went away a few years ago. Strangely, the PSS doesn't currently show up at Tire Rack; maybe they're doing a model refresh and will be coming soon? Either way, I'll probably give the S007 a try in a few months when I'm ready.

The tread wear rating is essentially meaningless; the RE-71 is rated at 200 so it will meet the minimum 200 for some competition classes. The PSS I have now are 320? and won't last any longer than the RE-11s I had which were 240? and also quiet. The PSS are a very forgiving tire for a DD: they're tolerant of cold weather, have a quiet ride, and good grip. The only thing I don't like is the reduced steering feel and I'd like to improve on that. There's one review on Tire Rack saying the S007 has better steering feel than the PSS, so hopefully that's true. I wish there were more reviews
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:24 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve_P
I'd love to buy the RE-11 but they're not available in the stock size- they went away a few years ago. Strangely, the PSS doesn't currently show up at Tire Rack; maybe they're doing a model refresh and will be coming soon? Either way, I'll probably give the S007 a try in a few months when I'm ready.

The tread wear rating is essentially meaningless; the RE-71 is rated at 200 so it will meet the minimum 200 for some competition classes. The PSS I have now are 320? and won't last any longer than the RE-11s I had which were 240? and also quiet. The PSS are a very forgiving tire for a DD: they're tolerant of cold weather, have a quiet ride, and good grip. The only thing I don't like is the reduced steering feel and I'd like to improve on that. There's one review on Tire Rack saying the S007 has better steering feel than the PSS, so hopefully that's true. I wish there were more reviews
The PS4S replaced and improved on the PSS.

Re11's are 200tw.

RE71's are definitely loud tire's.

I've driven Evo's with the PSS in stock size in stock wheels and didn't think anything of reduced steering feel. I didn't even really notice it going from Dunlop Z2's to RS3. And the RS3 has a notoriously soft sidewall. The only Tim I notice a really difference in steering feel is when I put NT01's on. Otherwise I guess I just adjust my driving accordingly.