Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

looking to buy a tool for bleeding brakes & flushing brake fluid (not just for evos)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:50 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by barneyb
Your kids are parked in the garage?
And how many kids do we need to pump brakes?
😂
Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:51 AM
Jp7
Evolved Member

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by barneyb
Your kids are parked in the garage?
lol- i'm surprised it took so long for someone to notice... I have no people in my life. No family, No friends, No significant other. Only have my cars, my job and my savings. It's simpler that way. Sometimes gets lonely but I've dedicated my life to being the most "car talented" I can be.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Jp7
lol- i'm surprised it took so long for someone to notice... I have no people in my life. No family, No friends, No significant other. Only have my cars, my job and my savings. It's simpler that way. Sometimes gets lonely but I've dedicated my life to being the most "car talented" I can be.
Well, be careful, because that can change quickly. Then one of your 'children' will morph into a minivan.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
Motive bleeder, saving relationships all over the world.

I've been bleeding brakes between track events forever and Motive is 100% the best.

The adapter for the Evo is 0107 if purchasing the full package or 1107 if you are just purchasing the adapter for a Motive unit you already have.

FYI, this comes up every six months here, search.
The only problem with the Motive system is that the tubing can dry out and become brittle over time and rupture. Happened when I was doing brake job on my truck. Nothing like squirting brake fluid all over your paint job to make for a fun day. Tubing was about 3+ years old in my case and seemed perfectly fine when I started that brake job. Was brittle and cracked on the inside. Motive works fantastic as long as the tubing isn't old.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Motive bleeder, saving relationships all over the world.

I've been bleeding brakes between track events forever and Motive is 100% the best.

The adapter for the Evo is 0107 if purchasing the full package or 1107 if you are just purchasing the adapter for a Motive unit you already have.

FYI, this comes up every six months here, search.
I found my Motive Bleeder still living in the dusty box it came in and it came with an adapter to fit the old and large GM master cylinder. I bought it when I was having brake problems on a f-body. Anyway, yeah, the three tab adapter (1107) is what is needed for Mitsubishi. Thanks.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 11:57 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by fsae_alum
The only problem with the Motive system is that the tubing can dry out and become brittle over time and rupture. Happened when I was doing brake job on my truck. Nothing like squirting brake fluid all over your paint job to make for a fun day. Tubing was about 3+ years old in my case and seemed perfectly fine when I started that brake job. Was brittle and cracked on the inside. Motive works fantastic as long as the tubing isn't old.
Interesting, I've had one for seven years now and it's still jamming just fine.

Old Sep 29, 2018, 01:53 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Interesting, I've had one for seven years now and it's still jamming just fine.
I had mine finally give at the clamp holding the line to the reservoir adapter. Bought a new one, so all good now. New adapter is aluminum, which is awesome.
Could have weakened from anything, honestly. I'm tough on tools. Now I check periodically and have a spare, just in case.
Great tool to have!