Notices
Evo Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will 265/35/18 on 18x9.5+15 Enkei RPF1s fit Evo 8/9?

 
Old Feb 8, 2019, 07:00 PM
  #16  
EvoM Super Moderator
iTrader: (3)
 
MinusPrevious's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: So.Cal
Posts: 5,717
Liked 756 Times in 721 Posts
Originally Posted by stevolee View Post
Any thoughts on the enkei RPF1 in 17x9.5 +18 with 255 tires? How would those work on an Evo 9? Will I need spacers, etc? (I do plan to put on some coilovers later...)
No the +18's work on the front w/out spacer but running them in the rear is not recommended IMO

The go-to set-up is the RPF1 17x9.5 +38 w/a 20mm front spacer. That is the golden RPF1 spec in my mind
MinusPrevious is offline  
The following users liked this post: MinusPrevious
stevolee (Feb 8, 2019)
Old Feb 8, 2019, 08:12 PM
  #17  
kaj
Evolved Member
iTrader: (58)
 
kaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 10,289
Liked 277 Times in 264 Posts
Originally Posted by stevolee View Post
Any thoughts on the enkei RPF1 in 17x9.5 +18 with 255 tires? How would those work on an Evo 9? Will I need spacers, etc? (I do plan to put on some coilovers later...)
I agree with MinusPrevius. +18 in the back = Mexipoke.
kaj is online now  
The following users liked this post: kaj
stevolee (Feb 8, 2019)
Old Feb 8, 2019, 08:59 PM
  #18  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 254
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
that +18 is 5mm further out than a 10.5 NT03

Name User is offline  
Old Feb 8, 2019, 09:22 PM
  #19  
kaj
Evolved Member
iTrader: (58)
 
kaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 10,289
Liked 277 Times in 264 Posts
Where are you guys finding that calculator? I'm tired of adding +/6mm increments in my head.
kaj is online now  
Old Feb 9, 2019, 05:35 AM
  #20  
EvoM Super Moderator
iTrader: (3)
 
MinusPrevious's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: So.Cal
Posts: 5,717
Liked 756 Times in 721 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj View Post
Where are you guys finding that calculator? I'm tired of adding +/6mm increments in my head.
Been using this site fa years (same site as calc above)
https://www.willtheyfit.com/
MinusPrevious is offline  
The following users liked this post: MinusPrevious
kaj (Feb 9, 2019)
Old Feb 9, 2019, 07:32 AM
  #21  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So, it seems like best thing to run would be a 265/35-18 with a 18x9.5 +35 wheel? Also, this requires a 20mm spacer up front for brake clearance, correct?
FlipCpt45 is offline  
Old Feb 9, 2019, 07:45 AM
  #22  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Construct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 821
Liked 27 Times in 23 Posts
9.5" wheel with +38 offset and a 20mm spacer up front is a common setup.

A +35 wheel will stick out 3mm more. Not a huge difference, but you'll want to check your clearance to the fender lip on compression. Might need more camber and/or some fender lip rolling.
Construct is offline  
Old Feb 9, 2019, 08:07 AM
  #23  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry, I was referencing available RPF1 sizes.

My car is at a trustworthy body shop awaiting wheels to clearance the rear fenders. I've showed them the Mullerized fender rolling thread on SocalEvo for reference on what basic things need to be done in order to have proper fitment.

Can't get 18x9.5 +22 TE37s in the color I want and it seems like (by using the calculator) that the RPF1 18x9.5 +35 is an easier fit. Unless the rear suspension has conflicts with that setup.

I used the calculator on another common RPF1 setup: 255/40-17 (?) on a 17x9.5 +15 and it shows that it pokes 20mm more towards the fender than the 18x9.5 +35 on 265/35-18 setup.
FlipCpt45 is offline  
Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:47 AM
  #24  
kaj
Evolved Member
iTrader: (58)
 
kaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 10,289
Liked 277 Times in 264 Posts
Originally Posted by MinusPrevious View Post
Been using this site fa years (same site as calc above)
https://www.willtheyfit.com/
Thanks! I googled the wording on the calculator and came up with the same sight!

Originally Posted by FlipCpt45 View Post
Sorry, I was referencing available RPF1 sizes.

My car is at a trustworthy body shop awaiting wheels to clearance the rear fenders. I've showed them the Mullerized fender rolling thread on SocalEvo for reference on what basic things need to be done in order to have proper fitment.

Can't get 18x9.5 +22 TE37s in the color I want and it seems like (by using the calculator) that the RPF1 18x9.5 +35 is an easier fit. Unless the rear suspension has conflicts with that setup.

I used the calculator on another common RPF1 setup: 255/40-17 (?) on a 17x9.5 +15 and it shows that it pokes 20mm more towards the fender than the 18x9.5 +35 on 265/35-18 setup.
18x9.5+38 is the RPF size. They don't make that wheel in a +35.
kaj is online now  
The following users liked this post: kaj
MinusPrevious (Feb 9, 2019)

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.