Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Best Hydraulic E brake for ct9a?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Best Hydraulic E brake for ct9a?

Are there any specific to the evo 7-9 that would work well with the stock interior?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
What's the need for a hydraulic brake? My parking brake didn't hold much new from the showroom. Last summer I installed new rotors and as part of the process, adjusted the parking brake shoes. Now, they lock when applied.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

To rotate the car in snow rally while trying to look as sleeper as possible
Old Feb 12, 2019, 06:44 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Have you seen this?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...brake-kit.html
Old Feb 14, 2019, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Looks like you can't use hydraulics as a parking brake. Was told there was some kind of adapter you can put onto the stock mechanical e brake where it keeps the buttton pushed down until you manually unlock it so it only rachets and locks then. No idea what this contraption is called tho.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 01:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Grimgrak
Looks like you can't use hydraulics as a parking brake. Was told there was some kind of adapter you can put onto the stock mechanical e brake where it keeps the buttton pushed down until you manually unlock it so it only rachets and locks then. No idea what this contraption is called tho.
I have the STM kit and I have used it as a parking brake from time to time but it likes to lock up my rear wheels momentarily when I do because it taps the staging brake in threw the rear brakes. It makes bleeding the rear brakes kind of a pain as well since there you to engage and release the e-brake handle while you are pumping the brake pedal. I also you have to delete the abs to use the kit as well. I also do like that there isn't a bleeder valve on the hydraulic cylinder either and the kit has to be modified to use the stock e-brake handle. It is not pre-cut from stm when you purchase it.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You can use a line lock as a hydraulic parking brake.

Originally Posted by Grimgrak
Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Your using it for drag racing only correct They clearly say it's not meant for road racing.