Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

member who powdercoats & rebuilds Brembos?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2019, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
member who powdercoats & rebuilds Brembos?

Is there a specific evolutionm member people send their brembos in to get powder coated / rebuilt? Looking to get the brembos reconditioned and would rather support a member who does quality work.
If there isn't any specific members, who do you recommend, and what is a general pricing?

Tried searching first but haven't found good answers.I found a member that did great work but they haven't logged on the forum in years (Tiradocc).

Thanks!

Last edited by Insubordinate; Feb 19, 2019 at 07:16 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 07:29 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Welcome to the boards

Yeah, PC topics have not been discussed lately IIRC. Last time i looked into it, Centric here in So.Cal offered the PC & rebuild service but you have to use one of their preferred shops to get it started (RRE used to offer their service but pretty sure they dont anymore)

My calipers could use a rebuild and fresh PC
Old Feb 19, 2019, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts
Mine need it as well. Subbed
Old Feb 19, 2019, 09:31 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 152 Likes on 116 Posts
Detective coating did a great job for me
Old Feb 21, 2019, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts
Do powder coated calipers change colors/clearcoat failure when they get hot from autocross/track days?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 07:32 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by CaptainSquirts
Do powder coated calipers change colors/clearcoat failure when they get hot from autocross/track days?
AX less likely compared to a full HPDE session

Im sure its a mixed bag of results regarding the poss of a change of PC color. Probably depends on the caliper prep / quality of the PC pigments & the application & the cure process

If youre running the track w/track pads & inducing a high head load, dont expect the calipers to retain that caliper color for too long. Im sure the OE Brembo PC quality was pretty good & they started from a near perfect base w/no previous coating. Didnt take too many heat cycles to get them into the Brownbo range
Old Feb 21, 2019, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 294 Likes on 235 Posts
I was thinking of getting mine anodized when they start to fade but it would require splitting the caliper. I dont want to split the caliper... So most likely, back to plain ol powder coating for me.

What about ceramic coating them? You know the same thing they use on headers? Anyone done that before?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 06:01 PM
yip
Evolving Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
When I was at Racingbrake recently the owner claimed that the OEM brembo calipers were painted and not actually powdercoated. My brand new X calipers that I installed on my 8 turned brown after just 1 track day :P
Old Feb 21, 2019, 06:29 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by yip
When I was at Racingbrake recently the owner claimed that the OEM brembo calipers were painted and not actually powdercoated. My brand new X calipers that I installed on my 8 turned brown after just 1 track day :P
Thats a good point as i dont know either whether the OEMs were PC'd. Maybe thats why they brownbo'd so quickly
Old Feb 21, 2019, 07:43 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by cdrinkh2o
The PC looked amazing but I had to resend mine in twice due to them leaking. Had different bleed plugs from my own. Then one of the calipers didn't really clamp down correctly. Tried rebleeding several times. Went ahead and rebuilt it myself.

​​​​​​Their excuse was their main guy wasn't the one who did the job cause they were on vacation. After I resent them and still didn't work I gave up.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 12:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crazyprac
The PC looked amazing but I had to resend mine in twice due to them leaking. Had different bleed plugs from my own. Then one of the calipers didn't really clamp down correctly. Tried rebleeding several times. Went ahead and rebuilt it myself.

​​​​​​Their excuse was their main guy wasn't the one who did the job cause they were on vacation. After I resent them and still didn't work I gave up.
That’s good to know. I was seriously considering this company. Interested in experience from others too.

With so many Brembos coming stock now seems the demand for custom PC colors should be resulting in more businesses that can handle this work.