Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Brembo GT-R BBK?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2019, 04:28 AM
yip
Evolving Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Brembo GT-R BBK?

Have an opportunity to purchase a lightly used front and rear Brembo GT-R setup for $4k. Wasn't really looking to spend that kind of money on just a brake setup for my track day car but given the original cost of the GT-R kits it seems like too good of a deal to pass up.

On the other hand this kit design is very old and hasn't really changed in the over 15 years it's been offered for the CT9A chassis and I'm wondering if brake technology has surpassed this older design to where these aren't the best option in the $4k range. Anyone here ever run or still run this kit? Is say a Stoptech Trophy kit or an Essex AP Radi-Cal kit even better for about the same money?

I tried searching for info on this kit but I really didn't find much information.

Pic for reference:

Old Mar 23, 2019, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Here’s a thread with someone who just pulled the trigger on the Essex kit.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mo...-s-ct9a-s.html

I’d also go digging in the motorsports section for more info. There’s a bunch of people who will have a a lot more knowledge on this subject.