Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Will I need to roll the front fenders?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2019, 06:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Will I need to roll the front fenders?

I just got avid 06’s 18x9.5 +14offset. Tires are 255/35/18. I have raceland coilovers. Was seeing if anyone has ran the same and if they had to roll the fronts. No spacers.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 07:18 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Well, that is a very aggressive low offset, even for the front. Rolling the alum fender is tricky & tougher than the rears. The alum has so much memory to it, its tough to roll. That +14 will work but expect some liner rub at lock positions

The bigger issue is what are you doing about the rears? Running the same +14 offset back there or no?

@Evo8Guy
Old Jun 28, 2019, 04:19 AM

Yea it is. Im okay with a little rub at full turns. I went with those and called Tenzo to be sure and they said it would work just have to roll if the car is lowered
Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Well, that is a very aggressive low offset, even for the front. Rolling the alum fender is tricky & tougher than the rears. The alum has so much memory to it, its tough to roll. That +14 will work but expect some liner rub at lock positions

The bigger issue is what are you doing about the rears? Running the same +14 offset back there or no?

@Evo8Guy
Old Jun 28, 2019, 04:20 AM

And yes same offset I’ve already test fitted it
Originally Posted by Evo8Guy
Yea it is. Im okay with a little rub at full turns. I went with those and called Tenzo to be sure and they said it would work just have to roll if the car is lowered
Old Jun 28, 2019, 06:00 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Running a +14 is a cant do for sure in the rear. You noted a test fit but im sure the ride height is set on the high side?

Try this test. Remove the rear strut & disconnect the rear sway bar. Jack the wheel into the rear well & see what kind of clearance there is (see pic)

Certainly not bashing ya, but im a full tire clearance guy & if this EvO is going to be driven hard on the street / some track work, full clearance is needed!

Anyways, we would like to follow your tire / wheel project so please update the thread w/some pics & your comments after the installation

Heres the type of clearance we are striving for for aggressive driving:
Old Jun 28, 2019, 10:57 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Yeah, from most of us on here you're get told that fitment is a no-go. It's simply not going to fit in the rear without ridiculous camber and lots of fender work.