Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Where to mount rear shock reservoirs?

Old Jul 14, 2019, 11:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks
You mean you arent a fan of my zip ties!? Man, I can add some duct tape if that would help haha.

I drive the car once a week to work and sometimes on the weekend. Never in the rain. I feel like they will be fine where they are.

Well I do have to say, it is stiffer now, mostly just on big bumps but it's not as bad as I thought. Time to get corner weighted and an alignment. Then start messing with the settings.
Hahaha, no hate brother! Gotta do what you gotta do! :P

I was mostly getting at the location, I think it's a much better alternative to cutting the car up. I would just make sure the knobs aren't getting blasted by water spray when you drive. Splash shield should do the trick
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 294 Likes on 235 Posts
Originally Posted by Fox_IX
Hahaha, no hate brother! Gotta do what you gotta do! :P

I was mostly getting at the location, I think it's a much better alternative to cutting the car up. I would just make sure the knobs aren't getting blasted by water spray when you drive. Splash shield should do the trick
Alright so if I cover the knobs in duct tape, I should be good to go? Thats a splash barrier right?

Ill fab something up for them. Not sure what, not sure how but I will figure it out. I think I have a rough idea of how to make some sort of enclosure for them. If not, it really doesnt look like the hoses are long enough to get up to the rear strut bar area. I can probably get them in the trunk somewhere low but thats going to be my worst case plan.

Moving over to the front end, I guess I am screwed? I have no options to move them.... (dont mind the 2 tone calipers, car needs a bath)

Old Jul 18, 2019, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

I am thinking once I cut the hole, I can cut a circle out of sheet metal that is bigger then the hole I cut in the body, drill a hole in the center for the hose to go through, cut that circle in half and then bolt those 2 pieces back in, if that makes any sense.
That's kind of a neat idea there.

I have had 441s for a few years, they've been good to me. Odi and his brother definitely seem to know their shock tuning.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Alright so if I cover the knobs in duct tape, I should be good to go? Thats a splash barrier right?

Ill fab something up for them. Not sure what, not sure how but I will figure it out. I think I have a rough idea of how to make some sort of enclosure for them. If not, it really doesnt look like the hoses are long enough to get up to the rear strut bar area. I can probably get them in the trunk somewhere low but thats going to be my worst case plan.

Moving over to the front end, I guess I am screwed? I have no options to move them.... (dont mind the 2 tone calipers, car needs a bath)

I have my Ohlin reservoirs up in the top of the shock tower mounted to the strut itself, I really don't see another good place to mount them except the strut bar, but then we're back to cutting the car again.
Might even be worth keeping them where they are for easy adjustment. Maybe duct tape isn't such a bad idea

Search this Thread