EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-23/)
-   -   Bilstein HD Application For EVO (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension/318773-bilstein-hd-application-evo.html)

mitsuatb Jan 15, 2008 10:16 AM

Bilstein HD Application For EVO

I was wondering why tirerack doesn't show a Bilstein HD application for the Evolution?

They are available, I would rather buy from tirerack than some fly by noght internet site.

Thanks

Mitsuatb

hokiruu Jan 15, 2008 10:40 AM

Good question. I agree that the Bilstein HD for Evos is shockingly under-advertised and few people seem to even know about it. Call them and ask. Even Bilstein themselves don't seem very motivated to sell these, as for a long time they weren't, and still may not be, listed on their site.

While you're at it, ask the the Tire Rack why they are such conservative ninnies about wheel sizes and won't even let you see all the sizes are available for a wheel, and why they seem to consider an 8.5" wide wheel aggressive for an Evo, and every time I try to order what has been a tried and proven agressive wheel or tire for any platform, if it is outside their database-generated recommendations, they give me such a hard time about it even after I explain that I'll be pulling fenders and running lots of camber etc.

Sorry for the rant. Sometimes the Tire Rack really is annoying to try to buy from when I know what I want will work and they disagree becasue they are looking at a computer screen and I just drove the setup they swear will never work.

In regards to your concerns though, I wouldn't be too scared to buy from some of the other online shock dealers. Sometimes it's good to get stuff from someone who specialized in only that item, like shocks, not all kinds of stuff with shocks thrown in.

GTWORX.com Jan 15, 2008 10:42 AM

Hello,

We offer the Bilstein HD's and are not a fly by night internet site. They are currently out of stock and we are waiting to receive a shipment in about 2 weeks. Bilstein USA has been out of them for a while now, but they are coming soon.

We have tried to get them from Tirerack in the past but they simply won't do it for one reason or another.

Let me know if you have any questions.

- Andrew

hokiruu Jan 15, 2008 10:45 AM

^ There you go. GTWorx is an outstanding vendor and general asset to the Evo and motorsports community. I'd buy from them 100X before Tire Rack.

Tire Rack probably won't deal with them because like I said, conservative ninnies :)

GTWORX.com Jan 15, 2008 10:56 AM

^ thanks!

- drew

rsboy Jan 15, 2008 11:02 AM

GTWorx: Can you please pm me the info about these shocks and pricing as well? thanks!

bump for more info if anyone has them.

20psiMR Jan 15, 2008 02:20 PM

I guarantee Andrew will be a lot cheaper then tire rack too, just from my previous experience.

Neal@tirerack Jan 16, 2008 09:43 AM

Honesly not sure why we do not show the PSS9 kit online. Bilstein is a semi new vendor for us and we are working hard to enter all the applications into our system. I did verify that we have the PSS9 coilover kit in stock for the EVO. Price is $1853.00 plus shipping. We also have the HD shocks, but may not show on the site as they are on backorder. Hopefully a shipment will arrive in a few weeks. Sorry for any delay.

Corey Jan 16, 2008 03:13 PM

Subscribed cause I've searched all over for information on the HD's and haven't found anything. I'm also considering the PSS9's as well depending on the price I can get them for.

mitsuatb Feb 1, 2008 07:58 PM

BIlstein HD

I got a set of four Bilstein HD from shockwarehouse.com

Free shipping

5% discount code: F150

$617 total, seems like a pretty good deal.

Boxes a little rough, good looking parts.

Looked like a drop ship from Bilstein, bilstein tape sealing boxes.

No rubber bumpers, or dustshields included. So save your stock ones.

Have not installed yet, will post when I do.

Mitsuatb

MYEVOVIII Feb 1, 2008 08:16 PM

What is the difference between these and the MR bilsteins?

mitsuatb Feb 2, 2008 07:25 AM

Stiffer valving - I have heard this - not sure.

Brand new, not used or blown with lowering springs.

Not much reason to change if you have MR Bilstein.

Main reason to upgrade is to improve on the KYB.

Much cheaper as a replacement part than OEM.

I think that the piston/body is larger than the KYB.

I will measure them when I install.

The lower seat on the rear shocks is supplied with them, They didn't supply much else.

So I figure the factory lower seat might not fit over the shock body due to larger piston / body.

Mitsuatb

daisaw1219 Feb 2, 2008 09:07 PM

wat exatcly is the the rubber bumpers....also do u have pics of the bumper and dust sheild

DeeezNuuuts83 Feb 2, 2008 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by mitsuatb (Post 5231575)
I got a set of four Bilstein HD from shockwarehouse.com

Free shipping

5% discount code: F150

$617 total, seems like a pretty good deal.

Boxes a little rough, good looking parts.

Looked like a drop ship from Bilstein, bilstein tape sealing boxes.

No rubber bumpers, or dustshields included. So save your stock ones.

Have not installed yet, will post when I do.

Mitsuatb

Very interesting info... good price too. Are they much different from the MR Bilsteins, if at all?

edmundo Feb 3, 2008 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by daisaw1219 (Post 5234672)
wat exatcly is the the rubber bumpers....also do u have pics of the bumper and dust sheild

If you look at the rear strut assembly in reverse order:

1. Shock
2. Bump stop riding over the shock shaft
3. Rubber boot onto the shaft and over the bump stop
4. Coil spring
5. Rubber grommet
6. Strut hat
7. Washer-rubber bushing-washer-nut