EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-23/)
-   -   Bilstein HD Shocks update..... (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension/419132-bilstein-hd-shocks-update.html)

xmaciek82x May 6, 2009 02:20 PM

Bilstein HD Shocks update.....

So many of us have been waiting for a while now to get our VE3-B843-H0 or H1 or H2 struts for a while now.

Bilstein keep toying with our emotions saying, end of Feb, then early March, April, then May 15th.... So once again I called them today to see if May 15 is finally when they get shipped. Guess what I was told, END OF AUGUST!!!!!

WTF Bilstein!?!?!

So I'm not sure what to do at this point. I have the Swift Spec R, BRAND NEW Bilstein rears, sway bars, whiteline products all sitting in my room since January but no Fronts!!!

I'm sure alot of you that are waiting for these won't be happy either.

:crap::crap::crap::crap:

Neal@tirerack May 6, 2009 02:25 PM

Have the BE5-B844-H0 HD rear's in stock now, front's still on b/o with no eta. I'll check with purchasing again to make sure Aug is correct.

Evoardo IX May 6, 2009 05:25 PM

I am waiting on the HD's, and this is certainly bad news since I am driving with a blown rear strut :(
Another sad thing is, if they do finally arrive in august, they will probably be sold out within hours... :(
Well, I still want them no matter what, so I'll keep waiting, and hopefully GTworx will hook me up on those ( I'm on the list guys, right? right! :D )

chu May 6, 2009 05:49 PM

Why not get the stock MR Bilsteins rebuilt? The rebuild them for about $75 a piece, and the site says they can rebuild to your spec. I would guess with certain limitations, but the HDs are not too much firmer.

GTWORX.com May 7, 2009 06:21 AM

At this point i would recommend anyone that can to just get MR Bilsteins and have them rebuilt/revalved to match whatever springs you have.

I'd love to sell you guys some Bilsteins myself, but doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon.

- andrew

xmaciek82x May 7, 2009 06:56 AM

GTWORX.com,

How do i find out what Rebound/Compression the HD ones have? I will start looking for anyone that is selling stock MR suspension. Since I got a good deal the on HD rears, I want to revalve the fronts to be the same.

Never had a suspension revalved, not am I very good at rebound/compression #.

Neal@tirerack May 7, 2009 07:43 AM

We have two VE3-B843-H2 coming in a couple weeks per my purch dept.

xmaciek82x May 7, 2009 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Neal@tirerack. (Post 7032700)

That is odd.

Well, are they already sold or up for grabs? Can you PM if you will be selling them and how much they run.

Thanks

xmaciek82x May 7, 2009 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Neal@tirerack. (Post 7032700)

That is odd.

Well, are they already sold or up for grabs? Can you PM if you will be selling them and how much they run.

Thanks

GTWORX.com May 7, 2009 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by xmaciek82x (Post 7032567)
GTWORX.com,

How do i find out what Rebound/Compression the HD ones have? I will start looking for anyone that is selling stock MR suspension. Since I got a good deal the on HD rears, I want to revalve the fronts to be the same.

Never had a suspension revalved, not am I very good at rebound/compression #.

You can ask Bilstein to match the HD valving when you send them in....no need to worry about the details. They'll have it covered.

- Andrew

shinnster May 8, 2009 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by xmaciek82x (Post 7029873)
So many of us have been waiting for a while now to get our VE3-B843-H0 or H1 or H2 struts for a while now.

Bilstein keep toying with our emotions saying, end of Feb, then early March, April, then May 15th.... So once again I called them today to see if May 15 is finally when they get shipped. Guess what I was told, END OF AUGUST!!!!!

WTF Bilstein!?!?!

So I'm not sure what to do at this point. I have the Swift Spec R, BRAND NEW Bilstein rears, sway bars, whiteline products all sitting in my room since January but no Fronts!!!

I'm sure alot of you that are waiting for these won't be happy either.

:crap::crap::crap::crap:

How come i knew this was gonna happen. I guess I can fondle my gtworx springs for another few months.

xmaciek82x May 8, 2009 06:15 PM

Guys, forgot to update everyone yesterday. Called the NC office yesterday (not the Cali one), and spoke to a rep there. She said that in August Bilstein will have more of them, but they ARE actually shipping out around 30 struts NEXT WEEK!!!!! She said that this is only part of the backorder. Depending on where you placed your order from, you might get it.

metaevo May 13, 2009 07:07 PM

I ordered my front struts on April the 7th from The Tire Rack. I was first told May 15th, then July 1st and now it's August???

I ordered the rears as well.

Neal@tirerack May 14, 2009 07:13 AM

PM me your order number or billing phone # and I'll look into it.

xmaciek82x May 14, 2009 06:17 PM

Neal, did you guys get any sets in this week?

Thanks