EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-23/)
-   -   F&R big brakes for daily VII (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension/609824-f-r-big-brakes-daily-vii.html)

iloveturbolag May 1, 2012 10:29 AM

F&R big brakes for daily VII

Looking to get some front&rear big brakes for the daily VII, would like them to be the same brand for asthetics. Nothing too pricey either.

Sugestions...

Smike May 1, 2012 12:43 PM

Why?

iloveturbolag May 2, 2012 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Smike (Post 10136304)
Why?

stopping power, consistency, asthetics, and their bad ass.

Its the same reason many people have their concealed carry permit, its not that you plan on using it everyday but its nice to have in case you do need it. {thumbup}

fugiwara May 2, 2012 06:45 AM

why not just upgrade the rotor, pads and fluid? lots of members here use stock calipers for track with upgraded rotors pads

chu May 2, 2012 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Smike (Post 10136304)
Why?

Originally Posted by fugiwara (Post 10137812)
why not just upgrade the rotor, pads and fluid? lots of members here use stock calipers for track with upgraded rotors pads

Originally Posted by iloveturbolag (Post 10137802)
stopping power, consistency, asthetics, and their bad ass.
Its the same reason many people have their concealed carry permit, its not that you plan on using it everyday but its nice to have in case you do need it. {thumbup}

{thumbup}

iloveturbolag May 2, 2012 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by fugiwara (Post 10137812)

Im not looking for ways to improve my braking with stock components. {offtopic}

I was asking for recomendations from people who have used aftermarket big brakes on their dailys, thank you.

Smike May 2, 2012 11:56 AM

They do not:
Increase stopping power
Decrease stopping distance
Offer more consistency

BBK do nothing but look cool :rolleyes: and light your wallet 3-5k.

I think show and shine is a better forum for you.

Regards,
Race car driver :lol:

Jtoys May 2, 2012 11:57 AM

Wasted money. Doesn't the car have Brembos anyways? I have yet to be scared with my 8... Granted I haven't been to a road course...

crazybaldhead May 2, 2012 12:37 PM

Your evo comes with one of the best Big Brake packages there is, as mentioned by all here.

iloveturbolag May 2, 2012 01:57 PM

The VII's didnt come with brembo's, but thanks for the helpful advice. Ill repost in the show and shine forum since this is the race car driver section of Evom :rolleyes:

SW20Mike May 2, 2012 02:04 PM

You must not have an Evo 7, all evos from the 5-10 have brembo brakes from the factory. The only exception would be the RS models from the 5&6 I believe, so you need to clarify. Post a pic of your car if you can. I'll agree with everyone here, the factory Brembo brakes are great, sooo if you're car indeed does not have brembos, pick up a used set for $400-500 and get some good pads/rotors/SS lines.

Chef-j May 2, 2012 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by iloveturbolag (Post 10136008)
Nothing too pricey either.

Sugestions...

What is your budget?

iloveturbolag May 2, 2012 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Chef-j (Post 10138880)
What is your budget?

They are 4pot calipers but i was told that the 8s were the first year with brembos my mistake.

3500-4500

If the oem brembos are the best brakes out there ill pick up a new set because mine look like **** at the moment

chin0 May 2, 2012 02:21 PM

3rd world country Evo and it came with bimbos! lol jk jk

Chef-j May 2, 2012 02:22 PM

Idk if you can get bigger than stock brembo F/R for that money.

Stock brembo works perfect on daily. Just get a good rotors/pads and save money. Look thru used section, sometimes people selling their kit for pretty good price.