EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-23/)
-   -   Tein Street Basis Coilover Review (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension/704312-tein-street-basis-coilover-review.html)

TME876 Dec 4, 2014 05:10 AM

Tein Street Basis Coilover Review

Has anybody used these coilovers on their evo? What are your thoughts on them for daily driving use?

SmurfZilla Dec 7, 2014 10:30 AM

NO better then Megan's, BC's or other low end coilovers....probably worse since the valving cant be adjusted.

Just get BC's.....cheaper to get rebuilt and you should be able to find them for cheaper.

SilentCool Feb 19, 2015 02:13 PM

Very few people with Evos run this setup. However quite a few base Lancers have it & are doing fine with them. Actually they seem to love them. Do a google search for reviews on the setup and see what you find.
If you state what your car would be used for.....street or track, I believe people would be able to better guide you in the right direction.

codgi Feb 20, 2015 08:33 PM

These were relatively popular when the Evo came stateside initially and I had them for about 4 years or so. They are ok for just daily driving but anything more than that, there are better options.

SmurfZilla Feb 21, 2015 09:08 AM

they were popular when coilovers became popular because they wernt as expensive as the high dollar japanese brands (Zeal/Cusco/HKS, etc).

danfalcas Jan 26, 2016 11:54 AM

Work great for me. Very good handling, they dont have adjustable dampering but I havent felt the need for it. The damper is set right, not to harsh on you or the car but it is not loose that you will feel major body roll.

I daily drive it, and do plenty of mountain passes. So far they are great. I would think to upgrade to something better when they are worn out, but I hope they last me 3-5 years.

4.5/5 for me, just because it doesnt have adjustable dampering but I actually dont need it yet.

Evil Colt Jan 27, 2016 09:28 AM

Any opinions on the D2 coilovers? I looked at an evo 9 last week with them?

SilentCool Jan 27, 2016 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by danfalcas (Post 11567999)
Work great for me. Very good handling, they dont have adjustable dampering but I havent felt the need for it. The damper is set right, not to harsh on you or the car but it is not loose that you will feel major body roll.

I daily drive it, and do plenty of mountain passes. So far they are great. I would think to upgrade to something better when they are worn out, but I hope they last me 3-5 years.

4.5/5 for me, just because it doesnt have adjustable dampering but I actually dont need it yet.

Sounds good, I have been considering these for some time. Thanks for the mini - review.