EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-23/)
-   -   Evo 8/9 vs. Evo X (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension/739357-evo-8-9-vs-evo-x.html)

BigBoyyy Apr 20, 2017 07:32 AM

Evo 8/9 vs. Evo X

I have been researching Evo's for awhile now and im stuck on the fence between buying an Evo 8, 9, or X. This car will be a daily driver for me but it will also see a lot of track time (drag strip) and a lot of spirited driving. AS i am a highschool student, i dont have millions of dollars to throw at an Evo to make it crazzzzyy quick, but i do wanna make some decent power. somehwere in the 500-700whp range but keeping a lot of drivability. i want to hear some of your guys opinions on which Evo to go with. Thanks!

BigBoyyy Apr 20, 2017 07:33 AM

Sorry guys i didnt mean to post this hear, can somebody move it for me?

llDemonll Apr 20, 2017 07:41 AM

Go drive both and see which you like more. I like 8/9 because visibility in the X is horrid.

You either have a very nice job in high school or your parents are funding this car for you. Perhaps a financial management class would also be a good investment as well...lol

illusin Apr 20, 2017 06:14 PM

Depends on what exactly your looking for ? Benefit of the 8/9 is 4g63 motor and little bit lighter/ more nimble . Evo x has more creature comforts and rides not quite as harsh as a 8/9

4G63_EVO Apr 20, 2017 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by BigBoyyy (Post 11731756)
I have been researching Evo's for awhile now and im stuck on the fence between buying an Evo 8, 9, or X. This car will be a daily driver for me but it will also see a lot of track time (drag strip) and a lot of spirited driving. AS i am a highschool student, i dont have millions of dollars to throw at an Evo to make it crazzzzyy quick, but i do wanna make some decent power. somehwere in the 500-700whp range but keeping a lot of drivability. i want to hear some of your guys opinions on which Evo to go with. Thanks!

is this some kind of joke? You dont want to make it crazy quick but you want 5-700hp.
Not only does that take A LOT of money, but thats way more than crazy quick lol..
Idk if your trolling or what

gixxer1621 Apr 20, 2017 10:39 PM

my coworker has a evo x and a friend has a evo 8, i had the chance to drive them both, i liked the evo 8 more, so i went for it and have no regrets.

DRAGHICI Apr 21, 2017 03:30 AM

:lol:

kyoo Apr 21, 2017 07:37 AM

sorry to be so blunt but what I hear is someone not in tune with reality. decent power = 500-700? don't have thousands and thousands to make the power and make it reliable? I'll throw out a rough number of 10-15k min to make that kind of power reliably, if u don't touch suspension or drivetrain, which you will need to do both of.

spirited driving on the street from a high school kid with a 500-700hp evo? unless you are one of those super young formula drivers, no thanks.

on the other hand, get a stock evo, and keep it stock for a while. get seat time doing autox, track days, and drag racing - and slowly build it. that, is much better way to go about this

4G63_EVO Apr 21, 2017 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by kyoo (Post 11732108)
sorry to be so blunt but what I hear is someone not in tune with reality. decent power = 500-700? don't have thousands and thousands to make the power and make it reliable? I'll throw out a rough number of 10-15k min to make that kind of power reliably, if u don't touch suspension or drivetrain, which you will need to do both of.

spirited driving on the street from a high school kid with a 500-700hp evo? unless you are one of those super young formula drivers, no thanks.

on the other hand, get a stock evo, and keep it stock for a while. get seat time doing autox, track days, and drag racing - and slowly build it. that, is much better way to go about this

this is awesome advice!
Took me about 7k to get my car to 400+ Realiably

LetsGetThisDone Apr 23, 2017 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by kyoo

Closer to $15k. Ask me how I know.

This thread is a joke. High school kid....are you just trying to figure how to blow your parents' money?

C0dyix Apr 23, 2017 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone (Post 11732650)
Closer to $15k. Ask me how I know.

This thread is a joke. High school kid....are you just trying to figure how to blow your parents' money?

hes trying to figure out how to skyrocket their insirance rates

4G63_EVO Apr 24, 2017 08:22 AM

never posted again, Troll?

bboypuertoroc Apr 24, 2017 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by BigBoyyy (Post 11731756)
AS i am a highschool student, i dont have millions of dollars to throw at an Evo to make it crazzzzyy quick, but i do wanna make some decent power. somehwere in the 500-700whp range but keeping a lot of drivability.

Bruh.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...69a887c51f.jpg

C0dyix Apr 24, 2017 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by 4G63_EVO (Post 11732856)
never posted again, Troll?

or maybe he read over this and realized its time for a wrx instead haha

4G63_EVO Apr 24, 2017 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by C0dyix (Post 11732910)
or maybe he read over this and realized its time for a wrx instead haha

:lol: