EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-23/)
-   -   Stock ix SE suspension front and rear sway bar choice (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension/745255-stock-ix-se-suspension-front-rear-sway-bar-choice.html)

iLLevo_ Dec 5, 2017 02:59 PM

Stock ix SE suspension front and rear sway bar choice

I will be upgrading to ohlins sometime this year...

Currently on stock suspension with aftermarket front and rear strut bars..

Soon to get trunk bar..
+
Underbracing

Debating on front and rear sway bar setup..

The millimeters on all bars are different and each company has bars that range in size..

Trying to find the right combo...

What do you guys suggest.

2? Front and 2? Rear

MinusPrevious Dec 5, 2017 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by iLLevo_ (Post 11790460)
I will be upgrading to ohlins sometime this year...

Currently on stock suspension with aftermarket front and rear strut bars..

Soon to get trunk bar..
+
Underbracing

Debating on front and rear sway bar setup..

The millimeters on all bars are different and each company has bars that range in size..

Trying to find the right combo...

What do you guys suggest.

2? Front and 2? Rear

If youre going to run some relatively aggressive spring rates (i.e. above 8K) then please forgo the idea of changing the FSB rate (not needed)

Run the WL 24mm RSB {thumbup}

BTW, the under bracing / trunkbars will do little & will never be felt. You can forgo those as well if you like! Now, I do have a rear upper bar, but its only use, is to secure my gas tanks & gear when going to the track

jedibow Dec 10, 2017 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious (Post 11790532)
If youre going to run some relatively aggressive spring rates (i.e. above 8K) then please forgo the idea of changing the FSB rate (not needed)

Run the WL 24mm RSB {thumbup}

BTW, the under bracing / trunkbars will do little & will never be felt. You can forgo those as well if you like! Now, I do have a rear upper bar, but its only use, is to secure my gas tanks & gear when going to the track

LOL be nice sir... some people like wasting money :crap:

kaj Dec 10, 2017 10:49 PM

MP is right:
Personally, I run 9kF/10kR springs. 25mm RSB set on next to softest. Front sway bar is stock.
The car rotates great. I can't remember the last time I fought off understeer (unless you count my over-cooking tires).
The bracing will only ad weight to the car. It looks neat, but not needed.
FYI: The only bracing I've added are the front fender braces. With those installed, I've run with and without the front strut brace (I was told it's not needed). I can't tell the difference either way, really.
Sounds like, if you focus on what works, you are gonna save yourself quite a bit of money and, more important: time.
Good Luck!