EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-23/)
-   -   18x10.5 +20 evolution 8 (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension/746513-18x10-5-20-evolution-8-a.html)

slowonder Feb 6, 2018 09:28 AM

18x10.5 +20 evolution 8

As the title will they fit my car? I'm getting them fairly cheap if they will fit. Car has swift springs with bilsteins no fender rolls or stretching. Cars a daily doesn't get tracked or anything anymore.

EVOFans Feb 6, 2018 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by slowonder (Post 11802377)
As the title will they fit my car? I'm getting them fairly cheap if they will fit. Car has swift springs with bilsteins no fender rolls or stretching. Cars a daily doesn't get tracked or anything anymore.

Nope, a lot of work is required
If you don't want hassle, following spec will work:
8.5+30
9+35

Justokream Feb 6, 2018 03:53 PM

it will fit BUT dont do it. ha

MinusPrevious Feb 6, 2018 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by slowonder (Post 11802377)

No pun intended. Steer clear of that spec (way too wide & wrong offset)

Based on your notes, look into a spec like: 18x9 +35 / 17x9 +35

Astro_Train Feb 7, 2018 06:19 AM

any particular reason why 10.5 +20?

Most JDM wheels will have the same face and look on its 9.5 variants. 9.5 with a +22 is about as aggressive as I would say you go. It still takes work but adding that 1 inch plus lower offset and things get a lot more complicated. I say this for a functional set up.

There some folks out there (stanced crowd) that will put any size on their Evos. Which I am not a fan of nor are any folk that run their Evos from a functional standpoint.

slowonder Feb 7, 2018 06:44 AM

a friend of my boss has a subby and got new wheels. i liked the look of his old ones and wanted to see if they would fit before i bought them. no particular reason for the size its what they were. thanks for the help. and no im not going to do it since it requires alot of work lol.

Astro_Train Feb 7, 2018 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by slowonder (Post 11802583)
a friend of my boss has a subby and got new wheels. i liked the look of his old ones and wanted to see if they would fit before i bought them. no particular reason for the size its what they were. thanks for the help. and no im not going to do it since it requires alot of work lol.

not sure how these fit any Subie... their size and offsets are even more conservative than Evos. Anyhow, there are plenty of threads here you can research for ideas. The sizes mentioned are your safest bet with no hassle.

LetsGetThisDone Feb 8, 2018 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Astro_Train (Post 11802642)
not sure how these fit any Subie... their size and offsets are even more conservative than Evos. Anyhow, there are plenty of threads here you can research for ideas. The sizes mentioned are your safest bet with no hassle.

-4* camber and 235/40 tires. Herra frush yo.

slowonder Feb 10, 2018 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone (Post 11802812)
-4* camber and 235/40 tires. Herra frush yo.

thats literally how it is lol.