EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-23/)
-   -   What rotors to buy (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension/752988-what-rotors-buy.html)

C0dyix Feb 4, 2019 07:30 AM

What rotors to buy

Its about time to change out my rotors but i want to know what other people are running. I dont track my car or anything its basically only used for spirited drives in the mountains. Still run stock brembos and ebc yellows just wondering if its worth it to buy oem rotors or move to something aftermarket. Not looking to break the bank but i wont cheap out so let me know what you guys think

MinusPrevious Feb 4, 2019 07:39 AM

Many, many of us run the Centric High Carbons. They are made by Centric who owns the StopTech brand

They work very well on the track / street

C0dyix Feb 4, 2019 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious (Post 11859478)
Many, many of us run the Centric High Carbons. They are made by Centric who owns the StopTech brand

They work very well on the track / street

ill have to look into them. Im just looking to step up a bit from oem ones and being able to stop quick is always nice

llDemonll Feb 4, 2019 10:58 AM

Centric Premium Blanks are what I always ran. If you don't track the car most any blank rotor will be fine, pads will make a far larger difference.

Wanted EVO IX Feb 4, 2019 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by C0dyix (Post 11859477)
Its about time to change out my rotors but i want to know what other people are running. I dont track my car or anything its basically only used for spirited drives in the mountains. Still run stock brembos and ebc yellows just wondering if its worth it to buy oem rotors or move to something aftermarket. Not looking to break the bank but i wont cheap out so let me know what you guys think

This is what I would suggest, StopTech Cryo Brake Rotors. I run the blank versions on my Evo and have driven with the slotted ones as well. I'm very happy with the results. Don't forget to get a good brake pad and maybe a fluid change too. It will only improve the overall experience. {thumbup}

Lumpy Sticks Feb 4, 2019 10:01 PM

Another Centric fan here. High carbon for track use, standards for dd use. And as the others said, good pads go a long way. Cheap out on rotors before pads.

kaj Feb 4, 2019 10:44 PM

Centric blanks from RockAuto.com.

rocknsnoboarder Feb 5, 2019 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by kaj (Post 11859582)
Centric blanks from RockAuto.com.

^ This. Good enough for the track and cheaper than most anything else out there.

C0dyix Feb 5, 2019 05:13 AM

Appreciate all the feedback. Once i save up a couple of bucks im buying a set of rotors. Currently rebuilding the twin disc and relocating the battery to the trunk. Making the most out of my winter

unkn0wn. Mar 18, 2019 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by rocknsnoboarder (Post 11859592)
^ This. Good enough for the track and cheaper than most anything else out there.

x3 for the Centric High Carbons from rockauto.com. Theyre a steal!

13bmaniac Apr 4, 2019 05:13 PM

Centric hands down , or get a set of stock replacement brembos if you dont plan on track days

C0dyix Apr 9, 2019 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by 13bmaniac (Post 11867351)
Centric hands down , or get a set of stock replacement brembos if you dont plan on track days

i don’t plan on track days really. Hardly find time to drive the car but when i do i give it hell haha

kaj Apr 9, 2019 09:33 PM

Then I'd say pretty much anything from RockAuto.com.
Can't go wrong there.

LetsGetThisDone Apr 10, 2019 09:56 AM

I would just get centric premiums. They come coated so the center doesn't rust and look like ****, and they're a good material so paired with good pads you'll get good life out of them. I have cars hear that are on their third set of pads on the same set of Centric premium rotors.