Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

GB: Kaixen HID Kits - $300 shipped! Highest quality HID lighting for your EVO

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2006, 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so im assuming you dont know?
Old Apr 25, 2006, 11:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2hot2handle
just curious, how much current does your HID kit cosume for ignitor start-up/on?
Not sure, I willl ask head office for this.
NEver been asked that question before.
Old Apr 25, 2006, 11:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by FrankieY18
How do I purchase then?

I heard that you have to adjust your light so that you won't kill others' eyes? do i have to do that?
Yup, you should probably level your headlights so that its not pointing up or anything. with halogens.. this doesnt matter so much since you dont get tha tmuch light anyway. But once you put HID, you should be more careful with the headlight aiming / leveling.

You can pay using paypal: sales@autodoodad.com

Let me know exactly what size and color you want.
Old Apr 26, 2006, 12:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mrevorn
do you have 6k replacement bulbs for the factory hid? if you do, how much and where are you located? can i pick up myself?
You mean D2C replacement bulbs?
Yes, we do have them, but reserved for our resellers in the States.

If you want one, I can order that for you on our next shipment- ETA 3 weeks.

I will need deposit first though. - $50.

Price is $150 USD plus shipping $10 USD.

If you're in Toronto, canada, you can do pick up if you like.
Old May 1, 2006, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

Sell me on this product. i want details on the 8000k kit for a 2006 Evo IX, like when its coming in stock, how long until i recieve it etc. if you could PM me with the details that would be awesome! thanks and very intrested!
Old May 4, 2006, 10:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by camMCLEAN
Sell me on this product. i want details on the 8000k kit for a 2006 Evo IX, like when its coming in stock, how long until i recieve it etc. if you could PM me with the details that would be awesome! thanks and very intrested!
I got 15 of 9006 in stock now!

I ordered lots of extra, since production is kind of slowed down in the summer. Wait time is longer for new orders.

I wouldnt "sell" you on the 8000. First of all, we only have 8500K, not 8000K. And 8500K is too much color .. . 9000K (color wise) is illegal. 8500K and even 8000K is pushing it with the cops.

Plus, you get very little visibility.

Try going with 6000K, it has a very nice color output (slight tint of blue) and very good light output.
Old May 5, 2006, 01:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by autodoodad.com
Not sure, I willl ask head office for this.
NEver been asked that question before.
find out yet?
Old May 6, 2006, 09:49 AM
Former Sponsor

find out yet?
It's about 22,000 volits.
Old May 6, 2006, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

lol 22,000 volts? You got one hell of a transformer built into that thing considering the battery only outputs 12-14.4V. He's asking about power (watts). Voltage means nothing without amperage and we know the voltage is about 12-14.4V, so what's the amperage? Remember those simple equations from the first day you took E&M? P=IV.
Old May 8, 2006, 12:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DarkMastyr
lol 22,000 volts? You got one hell of a transformer built into that thing considering the battery only outputs 12-14.4V. He's asking about power (watts). Voltage means nothing without amperage and we know the voltage is about 12-14.4V, so what's the amperage? Remember those simple equations from the first day you took E&M? P=IV.
I'll reconfirm it than. But why is this important again?
Old May 8, 2006, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

Pm price for 6k to 91730
Old May 8, 2006, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by autodoodad.com
I'll reconfirm it than. But why is this important again?
Too much power going through wires = crispy fried harness = money.

There's a lot of ppl out there who have bought plug 'n' play kits and overloaded their stock wiring harnesses due to the startup amperage. It doesn't happen all at once, but over time, your original wires can melt on you b/c of the power load. That's why it's recommended that anyone who buys these type of kits also buy an additional wiring harness because that way, you can guarantee that you get a steady, non fluctuating source of power from the battery along thick wires that won't give out, whereas simply plugging the power source into your original headlight wires can wear out the wires and experience power fluctuations from different loads on your electrical system from other parts of your car.
Old May 11, 2006, 02:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DarkMastyr
Too much power going through wires = crispy fried harness = money.

There's a lot of ppl out there who have bought plug 'n' play kits and overloaded their stock wiring harnesses due to the startup amperage. It doesn't happen all at once, but over time, your original wires can melt on you b/c of the power load. That's why it's recommended that anyone who buys these type of kits also buy an additional wiring harness because that way, you can guarantee that you get a steady, non fluctuating source of power from the battery along thick wires that won't give out, whereas simply plugging the power source into your original headlight wires can wear out the wires and experience power fluctuations from different loads on your electrical system from other parts of your car.

thanks, this is exactly why im asking.......this KIT comes w/ a 20amp fuse to replace the current 10amp on our cars. (without factory HID) so your technically doubling the amount of wattage through the factory wires for startup of the HID's. (not good, regardless if its for a split second) oh and 22,000 volts? holy ****?!?!
Old May 14, 2006, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This GB still going on?
Old May 18, 2006, 11:25 PM
Former Sponsor

thanks, this is exactly why im asking.......this KIT comes w/ a 20amp fuse to replace the current 10amp on our cars. (without factory HID) so your technically doubling the amount of wattage through the factory wires for startup of the HID's. (not good, regardless if its for a split second) oh and 22,000 volts? holy ****?!?!
Apparently, head office is saying that its the same spec as OEM 35 watt ones.
Such "frying" of stock harness may happen if you "flash" (turn on and off) several times within a short period of time (few seconds) creating a hot overload on the stock wiring harness.
For normal applications, it will take years to fry it. Some Chinese brands using unstable ballasts and poor quality wires have known to cause faster burn outs as well - head office engineers think this may be the case for some people with burned out stock harnesses.

Since 1999, they have had thousands of customers with no report of such a thing happening.

For example, just last week, I had a customer who ordered a replacement bulb because the bulb he bought back in 2002 just went out - after 4 years of use.
I asked him about this, and he said he didnt notice anything and its still running great.

Hope that answered your question regarding this.

Quick Reply: GB: Kaixen HID Kits - $300 shipped! Highest quality HID lighting for your EVO