Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

MVP Motorsports MAP-ECU GB!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2007, 09:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking MVP Motorsports MAP-ECU GB!

Need to tune your car? Heres a great option for you, I'm offering the best Piggy back system on the market, the MAP-ECU.

Powerhouse Racing MAP ECU

Part # PHR MAP ECU

We are pleased to offer you the Powerhouse Racing MAP ECU (Manifold Absolute Pressure Electronic Control Unit)! This new piggy-back system is similar in function and design to the popular HKS VPC (now discontinued). However, the MAP ECU takes it one step further by allowing end-user programmability through Windows based software via a serial com port. Basic setup takes only a few minutes, and allows the user to set number of cylinders (1-16), type of air metering system, throttle position hi/low, and type of oxygen sensor utilized (if any).

The powerful yet easy to use software allows the user to monitor ECU inputs and outputs in real-time, make real-time adjustments to MAP ECU tables and parameters, manipulate data in 2D and 3D formats, and log critical ECU data for evaluation at a later time. The MAP ECU operates as a “piggy-back” control unit, allowing the user to maintain perfect driveability and reliability with the OEM ECU, but modify the fuel mapping parameters for larger fuel injectors, different camshafts, upgraded turbochargers, and forced induction conversions.

Most importantly, the MAP ECU (just like the HKS VPC) converts the factory restrictive Mass Air Flow (MAF) or Karman-Vortex (VKF) signal to a speed-density based signal allowing the user to completely remove the factory meter system. This adjustability means that there are no more EPROM changes, and gives coverage for over 90% of current production cars on the road today. One of the most powerful features of the MAP ECU is the ability to self-learn from factory MAF or VKF meters. This feature means you can build a base fuel map using factory components then install aftermarket components and adjust the mapping to suit your needs.

Some other features of the MAP ECU include:
• Wide band oxygen sensor input for monitoring and logging the air/fuel ratio in real-time (Bosch LSM-II sensor available separately)
• TPS input for throttle based fuel enrichment
• Dual pressure switch circuits to activate auxiliary devices according to manifold pressure. The pressure switch circuits are perfect for activating additional fuel pumps, NOS systems, or intercooler spray bar systems.

A basic installation of the MAP ECU requires connection to only four wires (+12v Ignition, Ground, Igniter input, and Air Flow Meter input to ECU) making installation easy for even the inexperienced installer. The MAP ECU features a built-in 30 PSI pressure sensor with a customizable pressure scale, 0-8000 RPM engine speed scale, and can be connected to any 1-16 cylinder engine. Firmware and software updates will be available for download in the future as needed, and may include added features that are not yet programmed.

You can download Base Tuning Maps, Software Updates, Wiring Diagrams, and more all directly from Powerhouse Racing’s website! Simply click here.

Basic kits will include the MAP ECU, an un-terminated wiring harness, air temperature sensor, boost pressure sensor, and MAP ECU software on CD ROM.
For an even easier installation, PHR will be releasing car-specific wire harnesses for certain vehicles, including the Toyota Supra TT that will make installation of the MAP ECU a plug-and-play affair similar to the HKS VPC. If that harness is available for your car you will find it in the same section as this MAP ECU.

Need more Info?, Visit www.MAPECU.com

This is a normal $650 Item, I'll be offering you different discounts depending on the number of buys.

5-9 Buys - $380
10-14 buys - $360
15-19 buys - $340
20-30 buys - $320

If you are interested in one, please Subscribe. Then Send me your full name and contact information in a PM.

We will require a $50 deposit, that is not refundable but can be used as MVP credit.

This GB will be shared with another forum called 3SI.org, this is a multi-forum GB so it will be easier for you to get your discounts. I will keep you updated on who all subscribes.

The GB will last 3 weeks before we ship out. This is you chance to get a great fully tunebale ECU for a great price.

-----------------------------------------------------------
If you have any more questions please contact me at:
Email: Kris@mvpmotorsports.com
Phone: 940 683 8282 x 13
AIM: Krisatmvp

Originally Posted by Kris@MVP
Need a quick and Easy Install? We are Proud to supply the AutoSport Wiring patch harness with the MAP-ECU pigtail installed. No Splicing into the Stock wiring harness, and no long hours straining on you back with wire stripers and a flashlight working in a 1'x1' space.

This is a fast and Easy install! Plug one side to the ECU and the harness to the other.

Please call, Email, or AIM for specific pricing for you car.
Phone: 940-683-8282

Last edited by Kris@MVP; Feb 9, 2007 at 09:00 AM.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
Has this been used on Evo's before? Would it be able to control MIVEC?
Old Feb 7, 2007, 02:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Yes they have been used on EVOs before (Including my personal EVO8) and we have used the MAP-ECU on many 1000+ HP Supras. No it will not control the Variable Valve controller and how soon it kicks in, this is for tuning purposes only (Fuel maps).
Old Feb 8, 2007, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Will I still be able to run ECUFlash to change my MIVEC with it then? I'm very interested in this...
Old Feb 8, 2007, 11:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Yes, This unit runs with the Stock ECU (Piggy back), and only controls the fuel maps (main source of tuning). I would recommend adjusting your MIVEC as well before you tune, same as if your where upgrading turbos or injectors.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 02:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Need a quick and Easy Install? We are Proud to supply the AutoSport Wiring patch harness with the MAP-ECU pigtail installed. No Splicing into the Stock wiring harness, and no long hours straining on you back with wire stripers and a flashlight working in a 1'x1' space.

This is a fast and Easy install! Plug one side to the ECU and the harness to the other.

Please call, Email, or AIM for specific pricing for you car.
Phone: 940-683-8282

Last edited by Kris@MVP; Feb 9, 2007 at 08:59 AM.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 05:51 AM
Evolving Member

ill take map ecu 2 please... pm me shipped to 30519
Old Feb 9, 2007, 08:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by fastct9a
ill take map ecu 2 please... pm me shipped to 30519
Pm sent
Old Feb 9, 2007, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Can you PM me the info for the MAP ECU 2, including the wiring harness (Evo IX) shipped to 96786? Mahalos.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 01:15 AM
Evolved Member

So can you use this just to convert to MAP and then do all your tuning via ecuflash?
Old Feb 10, 2007, 02:03 PM
Former Sponsor

It converts Over to a MAP sensor, Eliminating the restrictive MAF Sensor. Then it totally tunable with a lap top, or a regular PC used on a Dyno.

Go to www.MAPECU.com and it explains all the capabilities on the web site.