Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

Bulletproof Automotive - Do Luck Distributor NEW EVO X RELEASE

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2008, 11:47 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bulletproof Automotive - Do Luck Distributor NEW EVO X RELEASE

Hello EvoM,

You may have heard the rumors, but we’ve kept this one under the radar for the past few months. Bulletproof Automotive has become a direct distributor for Do-Luck in North America.

We didnt want to announce this until we knew that we could overcome all of the rumors about the past history of Do-Luck’s prior distributor and the related problems of that past.

We're proud to say that with an excellent relationship with Ito-shacho, the owner of Do-Luck and also beacuse of our industry leading shipping speed, we’ve already brought over 4 containers that included Do-Luck products!!

Rather than the past horror stories of Do-Luck parts taking 6+ months, we’ve tested many times the importing speed with our system and service and found an average leadtime of 2-3 months for ALL Do-Luck parts.

Please bear with us as currently not all Do-Luck parts are on our website. Please email us for quotes, pricing is good and speed/service is even better.

We’re looking forward to re-introducing this quality brand to the US.

and here’s some breaking news…

6/19/08 - Do-Luck releases Mitsubishi Evo X Front Lip Spoiler in Carbon Fiber $656.00

These are available for pre-order now.

*Note that the car\ shown was a pre-production model. Expect Do-Luck’s famous quality on this well designed and classy spoiler.

FRP price has just been released. Our Special Price: $493.00

Contact andrew@bulletproofautomotive.com for details. Or feel free to give us a call for quickest assistance. 213.475.6954

-Andrew
Email: sales@bulletproofautomotive.com
Direct North American Dealers for Voltex, Mines, Varis, First Molding, HKS Kansai, Cusco, HKS, Advan, Volk, Ings+1, C-West, Work, and so much more...

Last edited by BPAuto; Dec 18, 2008 at 11:58 AM.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not bad

Last edited by lexat20; Jun 19, 2008 at 12:24 PM.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Mean...
Old Jun 24, 2008, 06:05 PM
Silver Sponsor

New price updated in original thread!!
Direct North American Dealers for Voltex, Mines, Varis, First Molding, HKS Kansai, Cusco, HKS, Advan, Volk, Ings+1, C-West, Work, and so much more...
Old Jun 27, 2008, 10:14 AM
Silver Sponsor

FRP pricing has just been released. $493.00 Special Price!!

-Andrew
Old Jul 20, 2008, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does the FRP version come in black like the pic?
Old Jul 21, 2008, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

I like the matte black color in the pic, it matches very well with the plastic bumper piece.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 10:44 AM
Silver Sponsor

We have yet to see the FRP pieces and are not sure what color they will be arriving in. But because of the costs, we don't recommend buying the FRP piece if you like the matte black color. The carbon will cost you less after a FRP piece has been painted with flat black.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 01:14 PM
Silver Sponsor

Updated Do-Luck stock

CZ4A Evo X Do-Luck Front Spoiler, Carbon
Old Nov 21, 2008, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

I just saw your post on your shipment speeds and I know you guys have access to alot of parts but i'm reluctant to ever order from you guys again.

I once ordered an hks kansai lip from you guys for the evo VII. I had it price matched with your 100 percent garuntee. I wait 4 month and guess what? You guys canceled my order without ever telling me because you guys came to the conclusion that the other vendor were scammers. NEVER called me in all of 4 months or contacted me. Whats even more bull**** is that you guys claimed that the other vendors were scammers only for me to find out they were very much legitimate as my friend with a 240 had ordered over 6 k in parts and it arrived promptly. I had half the mind to report you guys to the BBB. Bad mouthing other shops with no proof is kinda like libel and character deflammation. What pisses me off even more was that the price match was for something like 20 dollars on a 580 dollar part. Are you guys kidding me?

I pmed you and your new owner John or something back a year ago told me. Hey, our bad i'll make it up to you. I said sure get me a varis lip instead and he says YEA I"LL HOOK YOU UP with the price. I'm like whatever just get it to me for the price on your site. Then its sure sure sure, call me in a week and I'll handle it personally. LOL okai i call you guys in a week and he tells me its gone up 80 dollars cause of Varis Japan. I"m like ummm okai sure. So i call up my friend who's a vendor and have him call to make sure. Guess what Varis Japan has no idea wtf you guys are talking about with the 80 dollar markup. I truly believe in nothing but the best for my car. I don't mind payng premium prices for a 600 dollar lip. 20 dollars or 80 dollars is not a big deal to me in the big picture. But to me, I refuse to deal with vendors who do this kind of bull****.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

I bought a JUN front bumper for my VIII from bulletproof almost 2 yrs ago. The bumper had to be made which took about 8 months. Bulletproof always kept me updated with the progress and shipped it as soon as it arrived. I think with them that it was an honest mistake....

PJ
Old Nov 21, 2008, 07:28 PM
Silver Sponsor

Thank you for your honesty; we appreciate you addressing your concerns.
This must have been a significant issue for you because I noticed that this isn't the first time you have posted this problem on Evo M.
Just to clarify, Ben Schaffer is and always has been the owner of Bulletproof Automotive. John has not been with us for almost 2 years. I apologize for the actions or lack of action from our previous employees.
I believe that a great company isn't judged by how well they perform, but how well they recover after making mistakes.
I have personally had the pleasure of working with Bulletproof Automotive for 2 months now.

Before I was an employee I was a customer to Bulletproof as well. I believed so much in their integrity that I moved 3200 miles across the country to work for them. It is unfortunate to hear that you had troubles with our company; I assure you that we have improved since then. Unfortunately there isn't anything we can do about the past but I can say with confidence that we have improved since your last experience. I welcome you and others to give us the opportunity to prove ourselves and our business. I bet you will find the experience you will have will be one worthy of your business and your future business. These are our core values and we look forward to demonstrating such. As many of our customers will state we work hard to keep the integrity of this industry at its highest, thus why we put ourselves out there to write a blog such as the one you are commenting to. We want our customers to understand we are there with them the entire way.

Again I hope you take the opportunity to allow us to earn your business once more. I and my team are always available to discuss any concern any of our customers have. If we cannot gain your trust by doing this we honestly don't deserve your business. Thanks and I look forward to your future support and all the members of EvoM.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 11:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BPAuto
Thank you for your honesty; we appreciate you addressing your concerns.
This must have been a significant issue for you because I noticed that this isn't the first time you have posted this problem on Evo M.
Just to clarify, Ben Schaffer is and always has been the owner of Bulletproof Automotive. John has not been with us for almost 2 years. I apologize for the actions or lack of action from our previous employees.
I believe that a great company isn't judged by how well they perform, but how well they recover after making mistakes.
I have personally had the pleasure of working with Bulletproof Automotive for 2 months now.

Before I was an employee I was a customer to Bulletproof as well. I believed so much in their integrity that I moved 3200 miles across the country to work for them. It is unfortunate to hear that you had troubles with our company; I assure you that we have improved since then. Unfortunately there isn't anything we can do about the past but I can say with confidence that we have improved since your last experience. I welcome you and others to give us the opportunity to prove ourselves and our business. I bet you will find the experience you will have will be one worthy of your business and your future business. These are our core values and we look forward to demonstrating such. As many of our customers will state we work hard to keep the integrity of this industry at its highest, thus why we put ourselves out there to write a blog such as the one you are commenting to. We want our customers to understand we are there with them the entire way.

Again I hope you take the opportunity to allow us to earn your business once more. I and my team are always available to discuss any concern any of our customers have. If we cannot gain your trust by doing this we honestly don't deserve your business. Thanks and I look forward to your future support and all the members of EvoM.
Fine thats about as standup of a reply as you can get. I don't mean to come off as just blasting your company. But I mean like you said. You were a customer as well. If what happened to me happened to you would you go back to the same vendor. I dunno but hey kudos for you for giving me a standup reply. thats rare nowadays. Most vendors would just tell me the admins to remove it. If you guys have improved, good luck on your business.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 12:14 PM
Silver Sponsor

I thank you for your support. In the end, I appreciate people sharing their experiences with us. It is a real joy to hear when people have had a wonderful experience. It is a real shame to hear when someone has had a less than satisfying experience. We are always trying to move forward and learn something new everyday; the question is, how are we suppose to learn something new if we already know everything? You have an opinion and it has the right to be heard which is why I appreciate you posting your previous experience with our company on EvoM. Moving forward, I actually learned something new simply by responding to your previous post. Thank you for allowing me to grow and I hope to be of further service to you in the future.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 01:25 PM
Silver Sponsor

PM's replied

Quick Reply: Bulletproof Automotive - Do Luck Distributor NEW EVO X RELEASE