Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Dyno Sheet vs Drag Strip --- Crazy Joe >>> Not so crazy afterall

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2013, 08:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dyno Sheet vs Drag Strip --- Crazy Joe >>> Not so crazy afterall

We totally get it. You want "the power of the Gods"-- In your daily driver -- Everyday -- On PUMP GAS.

You want the car to be as docile as the day you bought it.Right? You neeeed this car to be feared at the local car meets. You need to stomp that v8 guy's head in and make him respect imports. It's your daily, so you can't be afraid to drive on rainy days on your way to work right? You want to take your grandma with you while you are carrying tofu in the trunk on your way to church. She's sitting in the backseat with the newborn baby strapped to the baby seat. Your wife is reading people magazine in the front seat and she's babbling about what she wants for Christmas. But in your head, every turn on the highway reminds you of Laguna Seca. Every red light has you checking the next lane to see if the 2-step needs to be engaged. And every off-ramp needs to be tested to it's limits. Welcome home. This thread is for you. This is why you bought an Evolution.

Joe's not crazy after all. He's an average guy who expects more out his project. The car has to rev like a bike to 9k rpm whenever he needs it to, and the air conditioning needs to be nice and chilly. He bought an AWD car for its traction advantage-- he should get to use it whenever that pesky mustang takes the pole position next to him. (Silly mustang, stuck in the rear view mirror as soon as the car went to second gear) Joe doesn't have an endless budget. He requires the combination selected to be cost effective, reliable, and downright nasty. Traction and et win races at the dragstrip, but that gut wrenching torque and horsepower is what effects the "feel" of the machine.

Applying this chart nets a car that day to day rocks!

Full weight (Spare,jack, complete factory interior). Street tires. 93 octane.-- Exactly the way 98% of most guys drive around everyday. A little more traction and a little more weight out will easily put this car in the 10s,,, but for you Joe's out there that are "not so crazy" this basic combo combined with the proper tuning and build strategy nets you just what you've been looking for!

Mod list here:::
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=153449
Old Dec 25, 2013, 08:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Old Dec 29, 2013, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
very nice car!!! congrats BUT

a 300whp stock turbo will get high11sec........450whp fp red +cams...will get mid 11sec........this crazy jo will gert low 11sec!!!

im starting to think that its not an obligation to putt 10k in an evo x to make it fast an have a good daily driving car.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by novaspyder87
very nice car!!! Congrats but

a 300whp stock turbo will get high11sec........450whp fp red +cams...will get mid 11sec........this crazy jo will gert low 11sec!!!

Im starting to think that its not an obligation to putt 10k in an evo x to make it fast an have a good daily driving car.
i agree!!
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NY Black momba
i agree!!
tks buddy lolll....im getting my fp red OUT of my car right now an putting back a stock turbo in my car right now lollll :-p want my TORQUE and down low power back
Old Dec 31, 2013, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

very nice car!!! congrats BUT

im starting to think that its not an obligation to putt 10k in an evo x to make it fast an have a good daily driving car.
There's 3 people who have gone 11's with only stock turbo. Three since 2008. Don't know where your getting your info from. Do you have an X? What times have you ran in your car on stock turbo if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited by Darksun280; Dec 31, 2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Darksun280
There's 3 people who have gone 11's with only stock turbo. Three since 2008. Don't know where your getting your info from. Do you have an X? What times have you ran in your car on stock turbo if you don't mind me asking?
Every time I see that damn stock turbo record I want to go back to a stock turbo and break that damn record.

It's not a trap right?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by murlo26
Every time I see that damn stock turbo record I want to go back to a stock turbo and break that damn record.

It's not a trap right?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Damn it, but it looks so easy!

And I HAZ SUPER AWESOME BUILT MOTOR POWERZ!

edit: however I like any real driving powers
Old Dec 31, 2013, 01:46 PM
Former Sponsor

tks buddy lolll....im getting my fp red OUT of my car right now an putting back a stock turbo in my car right now lollll :-p want my TORQUE and down low power back
That's very interesting.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Your driving your car wrong if you thought an Fpred was losing your down low power. And putting your stock turbo back on? Yikes! Why, so you can shift at 5500 again lol
Old Dec 31, 2013, 02:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by murlo26
Your driving your car wrong if you thought an Fpred was losing your down low power. And putting your stock turbo back on? Yikes! Why, so you can shift at 5500 again lol
I think there's so much mis-information and bs floating around on the internet that these poor guys don't know what to believe anymore.

I started these threads in hopes of spreading a little bit of quality information backed by track slips. These are not one-off single purpose built drag cars, these are everyday street cars on pumpgas driven by average guys who love their cars. I can almost guarantee if we threw some tires on this car and a hired gun behind the wheel this car would have run 10.50s on the very same day.

I think that people with a lack of experience are missing here is the "potential" in the set-up on any given day. A stock turbo car that can break 11's is doing so at "max effort" and has a ninja behind the wheel. A stock frame turbo car should make the power to go 11's pretty easy at full weight on a street tire. BUT-- a car like Crazy Joe's car can go 10's or 12's on the same day based on the operator. This car makes crazy power and roasts the tires for 200 feet. All the et is lost in the first 400ft of the track, but the car muscles back the et on the second half of the track. Did I mention he shifts at 8200 rpm?

There's so much left on the table with this lil set-up. We've been building a few of these t3 cars for the past few years and will be looking to show-case them all together at a special event this season. Can we get 10 evo X's in the 10's on one day??? Ohhhhh this is gonna be fun!!
Old Dec 31, 2013, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

e-spec....i do UNDERSTAND what youre saying about your car....it makes almost 700hp i hope with someone behing the wheel it gets to 10sec easy!!!

for my point of going back to a stock turbo car....thats MY decision!!! i have 140 000 miles on my car and tried a lot of different setups. and i want to go back to a BETTER DAILY DRIVING CAR!!!

murlo.....i dont think youre in a good position to say anything ...are you really saying that an fp red has a BETTER DOWN LOW POWER than a stock turbo? lollllllll

btw: 12.127 at 113mph on stock turbo stock engine,bolts on and 91 octane. im seriously not the best driver...but i decided to go back......WHAT IM SAYING IS THAT STOCK TURBO CAR IS EASIER TO DRIVE IN EVERYDAY!!!.....do you get 2meters of snow during the winter? i do

congrats to e-spec on that build!!! nice car trapping 130mph is for sure a fast car!!!
Old Jan 1, 2014, 08:49 AM
Former Sponsor

e-spec....i do UNDERSTAND what youre saying about your car....it makes almost 700hp i hope with someone behing the wheel it gets to 10sec easy!!!

for my point of going back to a stock turbo car....thats MY decision!!! i have 140 000 miles on my car and tried a lot of different setups. and i want to go back to a BETTER DAILY DRIVING CAR!!!

murlo.....i dont think youre in a good position to say anything ...are you really saying that an fp red has a BETTER DOWN LOW POWER than a stock turbo? lollllllll

btw: 12.127 at 113mph on stock turbo stock engine,bolts on and 91 octane. im seriously not the best driver...but i decided to go back......WHAT IM SAYING IS THAT STOCK TURBO CAR IS EASIER TO DRIVE IN EVERYDAY!!!.....do you get 2meters of snow during the winter? i do

congrats to e-spec on that build!!! nice car trapping 130mph is for sure a fast car!!!
Which car makes 700hp?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

crazy joes.....well 580whp on a dynodynamic must be around 20% ....so 580x1.20= 696hp.....damn i said 700 LOL!!! ....if you say 15% ....its 667hp!!! no?

Quick Reply: Dyno Sheet vs Drag Strip --- Crazy Joe >>> Not so crazy afterall