Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Moore Automotive EFR 7670 Kit on a Stock Motor

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2014, 06:32 AM
RAI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moore Automotive EFR 7670 Kit on a Stock Motor

Before I start, I'd like to thank the Moore Automotive crew for being not only so patient with me (I was behaving like a way-too-excited 6 year old), but also working so hard to get my car done on time. These guys even worked on my car on Christmas Eve! :clap:

But seriously, I'd like to thank John for ordering everything for me, Dave for fabricating parts that qualify as works of art, Rene for keeping me posted on everything, Bill and Chaz for giving me advice, and of course, Chris for pulling the power out of it.

Before I got the EFR, I was on similar bolt-ons as many people on this board. I had a Moore Automotive intake, a UR muffled test pipe, an Invidia Q300, 3-port boost controller, and Cosworth MX-1 cams. Chris was able to pull out 346/373 from the setup, which was pretty typical of bolt-ons. Chris included the stock turbo curve below for comparison.

After all was said and done, my Moore Automotive EFR7670 kit included the following:
Full Race T4 twin scroll externally gated manifold
BW T4 TS EG EFR 7670
AMS TMP Cams
ETS 4" Intercooler
Moore Automotive UICP
Moore Automotive LICP
Moore Automotive BIG (4"?) Intake with velocity stack
Moore Automotive Dump Tubes
Moore Automotive 3.5" Downpipe
Moore Automotive 3.5" Aluminum Exhaust
Coolingmist Direct Port Methanol Kit
Competition Stage 3 Clutch
MAP CMC Adapter
AEM UEGO
Aluminum Valve Cover
DW 300 Fuel Pump
ID 1000cc Injectors

Of course, Moore Automotive installed everything for me so there's that. I actually had a bit of a hiccup where the turbo oil feed line DEI Heat Sheath wasn't holding up, but when I went over to Moore and told them, Dave literally fixed it on the spot for me (after it cooled down, of course). Big shoutouts to their impeccable customer service.

Here's the final dyno graph. It's pretty self-explanatory.

Honestly, the car is a blast to drive. I was originally going to go with a T3 setup, but John convinced me that the EFR was the way to go for a street car. I am really glad, because this setup is stupid fun on the streets. Although the turbo looks a lot laggier, I only lost about 700 RPM's. The EFR also has some awesome transient characteristics. For example, whenever I am north of 4000 RPM's, the turbo spools up INSTANTLY--much, much, MUCH faster than stock. Also, at highway speeds, the EFR offers similar part-throttle low-boost characteristics as a stock turbo, so I never find myself starved for power when I need it. It is a very easy to drive setup.

If you have any questions about the setup, please don't hesitate to ask. I know there has been a lot of interest in the EFR's lately, so I will be more than willing to convince you that these turbos are amazing.

Also, if you are interested in this kit from Moore, I recommend you call them and let them know what you have so they can figure out the rest for you. I am very happy with my setup.

As a disclaimer, the opinions that I post are that of mine alone. I do not work for Moore Automotive, nor do I get paid/get discounts for this. I will say, however, that they do discounts for people coming from this board.

Please forgive my dirty dirty car. I just got done driving through the snowstorm that hit the East Coast last Thursday/Friday.

Dyno videos:

And here's one from the front so you can hear the turbo. :rock:

These videos don't really do the exhaust/dumps justice.

I'm sure I'm forgetting about something, but I will keep updating this post as I remember.

Last edited by RAI; Jan 7, 2014 at 06:44 AM.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 08:08 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Nice to see more EFR results. Nice setup. 500 whp was on 93 oct while, 540 whp was on meth, correct? For 540 whp, it looks like boost was 29 psi across the board?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice!

So I am guessing you have the 1.05 A/R, the biggest exhaust housing with external gates? You wrote EG EFR, guessing you meant EWG and you meaning dump tubes

Looks like awesome power. So this was on what, 28psi? You are still on the stock 2.0L?

I am going to this setup this spring and I can't wait. I am hoping to crack 600whp though on it on kill mode.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 09:01 AM
RAI

Originally Posted by mrfred
Nice to see more EFR results. Nice setup. 500 whp was on 93 oct while, 540 whp was on meth, correct? For 540 whp, it looks like boost was 29 psi across the board?
Yes, and yes. These full-frame turbos really hold their boost! If you look at the boost curves, you can see the typical stock housing drop off on the stock turbo, while the full-frame EFR holds boost like a tank.

Originally Posted by murlo26
Nice!

So I am guessing you have the 1.05 A/R, the biggest exhaust housing with external gates? You wrote EG EFR, guessing you meant EWG and you meaning dump tubes

Looks like awesome power. So this was on what, 28psi? You are still on the stock 2.0L?

I am going to this setup this spring and I can't wait. I am hoping to crack 600whp though on it on kill mode.
Yep, you're right. I'm on the stock motor. This setup has a TON of power left, but we left it at 540/385 because of the stock motor. I have no doubts you will break 600, especially on E85.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

Nice setup, numbers, and sleeper status! Big thumbs up to the Moore automotive guys!
Old Jan 11, 2014, 05:29 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice powa,,, need some suspension mods and save up for a motor build.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 01:55 PM
RAI

Thanks guys I have FEAL suspension en route and I will have to starve for a little while to save up for a built motor lol

Anyway, here's a video clip of the exhaust. I love it. To think that my original goal for this car was to keep it very quiet and civilized lol

Old Jan 14, 2014, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
nice results. wish there were more EFR results on the 4g63
Old Jan 14, 2014, 06:22 PM

nice results. Keep us updated on how the motor does with this power!
Old Jan 19, 2014, 02:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Nice numbers. I plan to break 500 on a stock motor soon too. I am probably going with a GTX3582 though.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 07:46 PM
RAI

Thanks buddy! Are you going with the stock flange GTX?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 07:05 PM
RAI

What is outstanding customer service?

Outstanding customer service is being truthful to your customer about what's going on with his car, even if he came in for a simple check-up. Outstanding customer service is offering to lend your customer your truck to get back to base because the issue may not be fixable right then and there. Outstanding customer service is staying late well past closing, even if your wife and family are waiting, because a customer is waiting for a ride to come pick him up. Outstanding customer service is responding to gratitude for mending issues with a "no problem at all--we stand by our work." That, folks, is what Moore Automotive crew did for me tonight, and I couldn't be happier. I had no idea that my turbo studs backed out, and these guys went well above and beyond my expectations to accommodate me. Every penny I spent at this shop was well worth it.

I hope I don't sound like I'm endorsed by Moore Automotive, because I'm not. I'm just one happy customer right now.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 09:24 AM

great write up and amazing power numbers especially for this EFR!
Old Feb 1, 2014, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

Very nice setup!
Old Feb 8, 2014, 07:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Awesome...please keep us posted this spring as you pile on the miles. Great job Moore!!

Quick Reply: Moore Automotive EFR 7670 Kit on a Stock Motor