Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

2011 Evo X GSR MHI 18K 402/354

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2015, 05:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ghozt
I 2nd the 1300s if you can swing the extra cash. And might as well have them tune for e85 while you have it on the dyno?
Yea the extra cash really isn't an issue. The shop is in Atlanta, so E85 is not abundant, but I'm moving to California where it is. I figured it would be smarter to tune it where the E85 fuel is located? I know it may vary in ethanol % in different regions so I didn't want to risk it. Maybe I'm wrong. But yea, 1300s seems like the way to go for the extra headroom.

Thanjs guys
Old Dec 2, 2015, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Lil Evolution X
Yea the extra cash really isn't an issue. The shop is in Atlanta, so E85 is not abundant, but I'm moving to California where it is. I figured it would be smarter to tune it where the E85 fuel is located? I know it may vary in ethanol % in different regions so I didn't want to risk it. Maybe I'm wrong. But yea, 1300s seems like the way to go for the extra headroom.

Thanjs guys
Got the car back last week after ID 1300 install and retune. Now car decides to rev up to 2k-3k sometimes during idle. It also sometimes idles and misfires sporadically. I have received a bank 1 misfire code on AP, and every other time I drive it a bank 1 lean code. I had to return to TopSpeed and have checked for vacuum leaks, reseated the injectors, put brand new OEM plugs in torqued to spec, but it still isn't running right. Anyone have an idea of what could be the issue? I'll attach a few logs from the AP. I feel like they are trying to help me and have been really nice, but I have brought the Evo there (3.5 hours away) 3 times for one build and it still isn't right.
Attached Files
File Type: csv
datalog17.csv (58.7 KB, 0 views)
datalog18.csv (2.8 KB, 0 views)
datalog19.csv (14.1 KB, 0 views)
datalog20.csv (35.0 KB, 0 views)
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Got the car back last week after ID 1300 install and retune. Now car decides to rev up to 2k-3k sometimes during idle. It also sometimes idles and misfires sporadically. I have received a bank 1 misfire code on AP, and every other time I drive it a bank 1 lean code. I had to return to TopSpeed and have checked for vacuum leaks, reseated the injectors, put brand new OEM plugs in torqued to spec, but it still isn't running right. Anyone have an idea of what could be the issue? I'll attach a few logs from the AP. I feel like they are trying to help me and have been really nice, but I have brought the Evo there (3.5 hours away) 3 times for one build and it still isn't right.
Sounds like you may want to take it to DBW Motorsports in Cumming the next time around
Old Dec 2, 2015, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by awhit17
Sounds like you may want to take it to DBW Motorsports in Cumming the next time around
Ok, thanks man. I sent them an email. I know everyone is going to tell me, "Dude go to a different tuner," but they are a a well known shop and should finish my build appropriately, I paid good money for this build and tune. But is a nightmare.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Ok, thanks man. I sent them an email. I know everyone is going to tell me, "Dude go to a different tuner," but they are a a well known shop and should finish my build appropriately, I paid good money for this build and tune. But is a nightmare.
Yeah DBW was founded by Doug, the guy who founded TopSpeed. He was the tuner for their glory years but left somewhat recently and started another shop for various reasons.

I understand trying to have them make them get the car running right as that's their job, but I would keep DBW in your mind. Hopefully it's not needed.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 06:45 PM

Update: So, after I was told to replace the oxygen sensor at my expense, after a whopping $512 parts and labor (that part was $406 alone) the issue was not resolved. I finally had enough and decided to retune at another shop. I did get a refund on tuning from TSM, and negotiated with them to pay half of the O2 sensor cost. They insisted that it was the 02 sensor all along but I'm still not sure if it was ever bad to being with, but if it was, it was probably due to the extremely rich tune I had received the first go round.

Anyways, I had Sharif at Forged Performance tune my car. The staff was extremely nice, and while Sharif (the owner/tuner) was tuning my car, he came out 5 or 6 times during the process to give me updates. No idle issues, no misfire, no lean codes. Issue resolved! The car made 370/316 @ 27psi on 93oct on a Dyno Dynamics dyno. I'm so glad for this nightmare to be over, and I highly recommend people to take their car to Sharif at Forged Performance.
Attached Thumbnails 2011 Evo X GSR MHI 18K 402/354-evo-x-fp-dyno-results.jpg  
Old Dec 20, 2015, 06:11 PM

I have a friend down in Atlanta w/ a Subaru..did the whole TSM then Forged thing..back and forth ended up with a blown motor. I'm glad your motor made it.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 06:15 PM

That's good u got it fixed. I have the same turbo and mostly same mods and gonna get it tuned tomorrow.. Man I was hoping to hit near 400whp. I'm sad now. Lol.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Ngo123
That's good u got it fixed. I have the same turbo and mostly same mods and gonna get it tuned tomorrow.. Man I was hoping to hit near 400whp. I'm sad now. Lol.
Haha. That's dynodynamics, which is lower reading than a mustang dyno. It made 402 on the dynojet, and doesn't feel any slower with the 370whp tune. That's actually not a bad number for that. You could get some headers and get a little more, but your spool might be a little slower. E85 will most definitely get you over 400

Good luck!
Old Dec 21, 2015, 10:26 AM

Damn no e85 in Hawaii! But I'm been researching mixtures and it seems too complicated. Toluene xylene etc. but yeah hope to hit 400 whp!!!
Old Jan 2, 2016, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by Ngo123
Damn no e85 in Hawaii! But I'm been researching mixtures and it seems too complicated. Toluene xylene etc. but yeah hope to hit 400 whp!!!
You will be fine. Do they have 93 or 91 there? Cams and/or headers will get you there and you still wont have to upgrade your fuel system extensively. Like I said, you should make 400whp on a dynojet though.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 01:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How does that turbo feel around the streets???

Nice Numbers!
Old Jan 13, 2016, 01:45 PM

You will be fine. Do they have 93 or 91 there? Cams and/or headers will get you there and you still wont have to upgrade your fuel system extensively. Like I said, you should make 400whp on a dynojet though.

Got it street tuned so I don't have numbers. But I still loose to every car on the car cruise lol. Doesn't feel much faster. But I was running 28 psi on stock turbo... Got it tuned by Drunkmann tuning and he said my car only wants 25 psi.. Mayb that makes them almost the same feel.

But 92 octane only.

Yeah looking for exhaust manifold.. Some selling but they not replying. O well
Old Jan 13, 2016, 08:19 PM

Awesome Turbo! Wish Mitsubishi offered a factory upgrade for it! Enjoy the new turbo.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by jared234899
How does that turbo feel around the streets???

Nice Numbers!
Thanks man! It feels pretty good. It's not a massive difference in power, some might be disappointed, but I think that this turbo with E85 is perfect for DD and stock block. If you want something ridiculous, I'd prolly go with GTX3576R (if you don't mind a little more turbo lag).

Quick Reply: 2011 Evo X GSR MHI 18K 402/354