Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

2013 GSR Bolts Ons (MHI COMING SOON)

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2016, 03:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 GSR Bolts Ons (MHI COMING SOON)

This is my first thread here on Evom, I've have been over on Evoxforums and just have never posted on this forum, I just read and learned from here. Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

But I have a 2013 CB GSR got it brand new with 5 miles on it! car has 22k miles on it now. So far I have done all the basic boltons and have been enjoying that for the past year, sooo now I'm bored with just boltons and need to upgrade so MHI-18K it is!

Here is what I have done so far to the car.

First round of parts I got were ETS intake, UICP, ETS test pipe, ETS extreme exhaust, and grimspeed EBCS and tune. I got tuned my Anthony at Drunkman tuning. Car was amazing after upgrading from the stock tune. It is crazy how different the car feels once its tuned! The car made around 330whp and 300tq on a virtual dyno.

Now for round two it was ETS Downpipe, ETS 3.5 inch IC, ETS LICP, Tail QR, AEM
boost and wide band gauges with a DSG pillar and a re-tune the car made a tad bit more power and more TQ. I don't have graph for this tune. But the car felt more opened up and way louder with the downpipe installed and it spooled a tad faster. Also the sound the new BOV made was awesome. Installing the downpipe wasn't that hard either except for a certain heat shield on the stock O2 housing, it took for ever to back out on of the bolts on that thing.

More Pictures!

After a few months of all the bolt ons a shop nere me opened up with a AWD dyno finally in my area! Before there was no AWD dynos close to me. So I was excited to finally see what my car actually made on a dyno. I was kind of disappointed with the numbers at first. The car made 305whp and 305tq, but I know virtual dynos area rough estimate and I didn't let it bug me that the number was 30 off. Plus a lot of subi guys by me didn't even break the 300 mark with all there boltons on that dyno So that made me happy and plus I got mean mugged a lot during that dyno day it was pretty funny.

Here is the car on the dyno! picture and video
Please subscribe to my channel more videos when I get back to the states

So that is where the car stands now. For the next round of upgrades I plan on getting a MHI-18k, Fullrace exhaust manifold, ID1000cc, AEM fuel pump, and going E85. Still not sure if I'm going to buy a flex fuel kit to make it easier when I don't have E85 near by at the pump. I got one hell of deal on the MHI from a fellow local evo buddy who upgrade to a Garrett stock frame, and also got the fullrace manifold used for a good deal. I love saving money on used parts!

I have already got the turbo ported and the hot side coated. The manifold is at a shop getting ceramic coated also. I just have to wait till i get home to put everything on!

More pictures of the parts.

Here are some of my favorite pictures of the car

More to come once I install the Trubo!
Old Jul 20, 2016, 10:09 AM

So over the last week I got the MHI, Fullrace manifold, ID1000s, ASNU 330 pump, and My Flex fuel kit on the car and went over to Chris Carbee and got my tune! Car feels amazing on a tank of full ethanol. Car was tuned on a Mustang Dyno at Dirty Racing Products in Jacksonville FL. I wasn't there for the full tune day to get any good videos due to work.

Well here is the dyno graph.

Old Jul 20, 2016, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good OP!

I dont think the guy lied to you about 30whp. The difference might be in dynos. He used dynojet for measuring and the dyno looks like it was a mustang dyno. Numbers are inline for a GSR with mods on pump.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 07:51 AM

So I have this turbo on the car a year and some change now. The stock clutch gave out finally so I upgraded to a ACT HDSS. Took it to the local 1/4 mile for some fun and some numbers. ran a 12.04 at 114MPH. Love the turbo but I want more out of the car now. I recently also got a MR for the wife so i plan to put the MHI on that car and get a FP black for my GSR.

Also got some wheels for the car who loves NT03s?

at the track... raced a new M3 it was the manual version and the dude was learning to launch he couldn't keep up.

Old Nov 28, 2017, 09:10 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
I wouldn't bother with a bigger stock frame on your car. Put the 18k "kit" on the wife's car, and get a turbo kit for your car. ETS Vband with a precision 5858 or gen2 5558 is a badass setup.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dam Dolan! Thats a very clean evo sir!
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:50 AM

wow 12 seconds! congrats
Old Dec 9, 2017, 07:30 PM

Looks great man, nice job =)
Old Dec 17, 2017, 07:34 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Lol, Dolan is my neighbor. Randomly met one night coming home from work. Nice seeing your build here.