FLEX FUEL v2.0!!! e_kobz's Evo X GSR 18k, MAP cast mani, bolt-on's - Page 7 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Go Back  EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community > Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X Dyno Results
Reload this Page >

FLEX FUEL v2.0!!! e_kobz's Evo X GSR 18k, MAP cast mani, bolt-on's

Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

FLEX FUEL v2.0!!! e_kobz's Evo X GSR 18k, MAP cast mani, bolt-on's

Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

If you want to break 500 with a 4b11, your best option is a T3 kit with a precision 5858, or the new Gen2 5558.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone View Post
If you want to break 500 with a 4b11, your best option is a T3 kit with a precision 5858, or the new Gen2 5558.
Honestly i don't want to go with a big T3 Kit but i may have to. The goal is to have reliable power on stock block for awhile say 450-500 on 100 octane then when the time comes turn up the boost and have 550-600 with built motor. There are so many options out there its just really if i want to go the cheaper way first (MHI) then upgrade later on or just bite the bullet and go big now (BW EFR) dial it back to reach that 450-500 then later on turn up the boost. Only money right
Old Aug 1, 2017, 01:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by GoodTimes View Post
Thats kinda disappointing I do not see a lot of 100 octane tunes on the forums, do you know what would be the octane equivalent rating on E85? What kinda power i may be loosing sticking with 100 octane. What can i say I'm old school with the 100 octane, just so easy for me to get at the track and not having to haul around extra gas cans is a plus. Do not drive the car at all on the streets.
100 octane costs a billion dollars at the track. I used to use 100 at Thunderhill before E85 came to the bay and my fuel bills for an event where in outerspace.

E85 is soooo much better than 100 octane, not only for octane but cylinder cooling and the price.

E85 is a pain in the *** to transport, you have that right, but you already trailer your car to the track, so what's the problem?

btw, there is an E85 station an hour from Thunderhill in Woodland.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
E85 is soooo much better than 100 octane, not only for octane but cylinder cooling and the price.

E85 is a pain in the *** to transport, you have that right, but you already trailer your car to the track, so what's the problem?

btw, there is an E85 station an hour from Thunderhill in Woodland.
Ok, i know in the past E85 had ill effect on fueling system over time, like gumming up lines and creating sludge or something like that. It was a log time ago though so i don't know if it is true.

Thunderhill 100 octane is about 9.99 a gallon super expensive... Just found that they sell E85 in sunol super stop like 5miles away

I have not read to much on E85. I think it would be a lot to monitor such as the ethanol in the fuel to make sure its safe for the tune your on. So many other different variables.

How many gas cans do you have to lug around to get thorough a day at ThunderHill?

Last edited by GoodTimes; Aug 1, 2017 at 03:39 PM.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 04:53 PM
EvoM Guru

Ok, i know in the past E85 had ill effect on fueling system over time, like gumming up lines and creating sludge or something like that. It was a log time ago though so i don't know if it is true.
Hasn't really been a problem here in California. Reference this thread I created six years ago: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/e8...years-e85.html

Thunderhill 100 octane is about 9.99 a gallon super expensive... Just found that they sell E85 in sunol super stop like 5miles away
Yup, 100 is $$$$$$$.

I have not read to much on E85. I think it would be a lot to monitor such as the ethanol in the fuel to make sure its safe for the tune your on. So many other different variables.
If you get flex fuel rom and hardware you don't have to worry about ethanol percentage. The ECU interpolates your tune based on the percentage.

How many gas cans do you have to lug around to get thorough a day at ThunderHill?
On normal 3 mile I bring 4-5 and basically have the car on E60 (E79 is about the highest you get on average out of the pump here). You can also track on something like E50 and not have to bring as much E85. E50 would still be better than 100 octane.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
Hasn't really been a problem here in California. Reference this thread I created six years ago: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/e8...years-e85.html

basically have the car on E60 (E79 is about the highest you get on average out of the pump here). You can also track on something like E50 and not have to bring as much E85. E50 would still be better than 100 octane.
Good Thread. Thanks for posting. I don't like all those numbers your posting lol. i won't gum up this thread any more with my silly questions if i have any more i will PM you.

Thanks
Matt
Old Jun 7, 2018, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Well it’s been one year of running this setup and I gotta say this power is still perfect for th street. Car still pulls strong and between the anti-surge housing and the dump it makes some pretty great noises. Since swapping this turbo/manifold I haven’t done anything else to the car except change the oil. This really is the ideal street setup in my opinion. It’s reallr a shame the X didn’t come with this turbo from the factory as it seems better suited for the 4B11 than the stock turbo
Old Jun 7, 2018, 09:35 AM
AJV

Originally Posted by e_kobz View Post
Well itís been one year of running this setup and I gotta say this power is still perfect for th street. Car still pulls strong and between the anti-surge housing and the dump it makes some pretty great noises. Since swapping this turbo/manifold I havenít done anything else to the car except change the oil. This really is the ideal street setup in my opinion. Itís reallr a shame the X didnít come with this turbo from the factory as it seems better suited for the 4B11 than the stock turbo
I've been following your build for a while now. Thanks for the update. My next and final mod would be the MHI, MAP manifold and a down pipe. I made 361/375 on a mustang on E70 last weekend and would love to taste the MHI at some point next year. Thanks
Old Jun 11, 2018, 07:14 AM

What manifold did you replace it with since it is cracked? Any reason why it could be cracked?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kstccf View Post
What manifold did you replace it with since it is cracked? Any reason why it could be cracked?
Evo X OEM exhaust manifolds are known to cracking near or on the collector. It was replaced with a stock replacement MAP cast manifold