EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X Dyno Results (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-dyno-results-298/)
-   -   Stock turbo, E85 370hp/367tq (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-dyno-results/463015-stock-turbo-e85-370hp-367tq.html)

goofygrin Dec 11, 2009 05:04 PM

Stock turbo, E85 370hp/367tq

http://mpghead.com/evo/dyno3.jpg

Run 1 (red) is the "final" run when I said "good enough"
Run 2 (green) is the run I made a year ago on this dyno (untuned, UR turbo back, AEM Intake)
Run 3 (blue) is the first run we made today on the road tune we'd done a couple weeks ago. The only change before this pull was to disable the fuel trims for WOT (which makes the car's AFRs go a bit out of whack).

These are the corrected numbers. Correction factor was around .97 due to the weather. This is a mustang dyno.

One note is that the AFRs here are a bit rich compared to what we logged. The ones shown here were from the tailpipe whereas we were logging/tuning from the o2 housing.

Power Mods:
AMS widemouth o2 housing
UR test pipe
UR dual exhaust
AEM intake
T1R turbo inlet
T1R UICP
T1R LICP
ETS 4" intercooler
GM MAC valve (3 port boost solenoid)
WG fully turned down
DW 1000cc injectors
Walbro fuel pump
HBSpeed FP mount
Golan Fuel Filter
E85

Boost spikes to 30-31 and tapers to 17-18.

The tuners think that my stock BOV is the weakest link at this point. It simply would not hold boost no matter what we tried.

Comparing the plot to Chris@COBB's dyno (he's similarly modded), I'm thinking there's some torque still left in the car (he made similar HP, but 407tq). I'm not sure how to get it though. If I had to guess, I'd say "MIVEC" would be the answer. Right now I'm using Hiboost's map.

The car feels VERY fast and I feel pretty good about how close the road tune was to the dyno tune.

omni-star Dec 11, 2009 05:13 PM

Great results! I will also be running E85 with the stock turbo. What fuel pump set-up are you using?

goofygrin Dec 11, 2009 05:21 PM

good question. HB Speed fuel pump mount, walbro fuel pump and a golan fuel filter (jayracing.com)

mrMTB Dec 11, 2009 06:06 PM

Nice numbers, Sean. You headed out to ECR this weekend? Would appreciate a spin around the block if so to see how it runs.

goofygrin Dec 11, 2009 06:23 PM

Ya, I'll be there on Sunday.

Hiboost Dec 11, 2009 10:03 PM

That has to feel really good on the street at just about any RPM that you hit the throttle! I know what you mean about the AFR's going a little wacky when disabling the LTFT effecting WOT. In the end the consistancy seems worth it though and after richening up my maps slightly I think I can lean them out a notch again now that I've pushed the car to the limits. I did another log tonight in the colder air and even at low boost of 25 psi I was at 93% duty cycle at 7k.

So what are your fuel injector duty cycles looking like on E85? If E85 requires around 30-35% more fueling then that pump is right about at the limits. Depending on what that Mustang Dyno is calibrated at and what a stock Evo X baselines you are somewhere between 115 mph (450 crank HP) and 118 mph trap speeds (480 crank HP) which is quite amazing! Time to run some 11's!

You could like get slightly more low end torque with more aggressive exhaust retard and intake advance on the Mivec but there is a point where extra spool doesn't necessarily make more power, it will actually drop power/torque. Likely an extra 1-2 psi or 1-2* timing at 3500-4500 would get that extra bit of torque down low and your top end is about as good as it will get on a stock turbo. When your tuners said the BOV was the weakest link, did they mean it was leaking boost above 25 psi or so? The Works BOV seems to be fine up to just over 30 psi for me, it's only drawback is that it's not adjustable but it has good streetability overall.

Evo a Mula Dec 11, 2009 11:52 PM

for the mods and whp you have it sounds about right i just made more wtq than you

GST Motorsports Dec 12, 2009 12:12 AM

Welcome to the E85 Army!

So before with no tune, TBE and intake it put down 300whp / 297wtq?

- bryan

goofygrin Dec 12, 2009 10:05 PM

yep. a few weeks after that initial dyno I went to cobb and was tuned. the tq number was the same pre dyno but the hp was 20 less.

mlomker Dec 13, 2009 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by goofygrin (Post 7793344)
yep. a few weeks after that initial dyno I went to cobb and was tuned. the tq number was the same pre dyno but the hp was 20 less.

I could see it if you had an MBC in there, otherwise your car was unusual. My car picked up some with just bolt-ons but the tune added 60.

goofygrin Dec 13, 2009 04:40 PM

Here's the dyno plot from when I got tuned back then:
http://mpghead.com/evo/dyno_tune.jpg

I've got the AEM intake. On an untuned car it leans it out quite a bit.

GST Motorsports Dec 13, 2009 04:41 PM

Oh, the first post dyno is on the Cobb dyno? ok the 300 untuned makes sense now. :)

Thanks for the info.

Enjoy the E85!

- Bryan

goofygrin Dec 13, 2009 05:46 PM

The first post is on the Kantuning/Gotham dyno. It basically reads the same as Cobb's.

Ltdanish07 Dec 13, 2009 06:26 PM

nice numbers man. I really wish they had E85 near me, unfortunately the closest station is 20 miles away haha.

mlomker Dec 14, 2009 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Ltdanish07 (Post 7795440)
I really wish they had E85 near me, unfortunately the closest station is 20 miles away haha.

If you don't have 93 in your area then it still might be worth it (at least in the Summer). You can fit quite a few 5 gal gas cans in the back of an Evo for the weekend run to the gas station.