EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X Dyno Results (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-dyno-results-298/)
-   -   2011 Evo X GSR /w mild bolt ons 93oct (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-dyno-results/694711-2011-evo-x-gsr-w-mild-bolt-ons-93oct.html)

tscompusa Jul 4, 2014 03:52 PM

2011 Evo X GSR /w mild bolt ons 93oct

Tuning this low mileage Evo X. It has 9K on it only. Mods are very minimal.

Mods are:

Intake,
3.5" intercooler /w hard piping
cat back exhaust /w testpipe
Grimmspeed 3port
FIC 1100CC inj
aem 320lph fuel pump

So far here's what we came up with. Temps were in the 80-90F during the runs, so im sure its pretty much at its limits now, but we are still trying to extract a little more power yet.

After the 93, we will do e85, however I will control the tq to keep the block happy. So there wont be no matching hp/tq like i do on 93.

One pull is heavier then the other because he took his friend with that weight's 344lbs. He said he could barely squeeze in the seat. Former defensive lineman, so not fat, just very big.

Red line has more mivec mid range, and as you can see a little more boost. Trying to get him in the 360whp area, but with this heat and the fact VD is not easiest to make power with when used properly, its giving us a hard time.

Just figured id post up what we have so far, then i can update with what it ends up being bottlenecked at permanently on 93oct.

http://www.tscomptuned.net/_images/d...Dustin/341.jpg

Ambiguous Jul 4, 2014 05:16 PM

This is my car and what a night and day difference it is to drive this thing compared to when it was stock. Even with a the incredible hulk sitting in the passenger seat the car is still animal in the first 3 gears. I am pleasantly surprised how well it drives with the bigger injectors at partial throttle under normal daily driving conditions. Car pulls strong all the way to redline, it never feels like it runs out of steam up top like a lot of stock turbo cars do. I am more than impressed with Toms work so far. These tunes are really safe fuel and timing wise so the fact he is able to extract the power he does just goes to show that he is a true professional and knows the evo platforms inside and out. I know he can massage the tune a little and extract a few more ponies to hit our 360hp target on 93oct. Next is e85 and I cant wait to see the grin on my face after that tune is done because I cant stop smiling as it is:D

Thanks again Tom{thumbup}

Side Note: I want to give a huge shout out to to Tom again for the tuning effort he has done on my Friend Josh Pepoon's yellow evo VIII. Josh ran 9.7et @ 147mph last night and finished second in the Import King of the Street class at Thursday Night Lights which was held at Edge Water Motorsports Park last night. He drove his @$$ off to make it to the finals but came up short against a big turbo auto 2g dsm.

Jdjones24 Jul 4, 2014 06:50 PM

When should one upgrade the injectors?

oscarquinones Jul 4, 2014 08:17 PM

good numbers man

tscompusa Jul 4, 2014 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ambiguous (Post 11249591)
This is my car and what a night and day difference it is to drive this thing compared to when it was stock. Even with a the incredible hulk sitting in the passenger seat the car is still animal in the first 3 gears. I am pleasantly surprised how well it drives with the bigger injectors at partial throttle under normal daily driving conditions. Car pulls strong all the way to redline, it never feels like it runs out of steam up top like a lot of stock turbo cars do. I am more than impressed with Toms work so far. These tunes are really safe fuel and timing wise so the fact he is able to extract the power he does just goes to show that he is a true professional and knows the evo platforms inside and out. I know he can massage the tune a little and extract a few more ponies to hit our 360hp target on 93oct. Next is e85 and I cant wait to see the grin on my face after that tune is done because I cant stop smiling as it is:D

Thanks again Tom{thumbup}

Side Note: I want to give a huge shout out to to Tom again for the tuning effort he has done on my Friend Josh Pepoon's yellow evo VIII. Josh ran 9.7et @ 147mph last night and finished second in the Import King of the Street class at Thursday Night Lights which was held at Edge Water Motorsports Park last night. He drove his @$$ off to make it to the finals but came up short against a big turbo auto 2g dsm.

Wow thanks for the great review and kind words Dustin. Also I did not know Josh ran a 9.7! He didn't tell me yet! That is hauling for the HX40!

Originally Posted by Jdjones24 (Post 11249627)
When should one upgrade the injectors?

Just log injector duty cycle and if you are under 90% you are ok. If you are over 90% then that's when you know you need to upgrade.

Now a fuel pump that's not efficient can also raise the injector duty cycle.

If you're on just 93oct, chances are you wont need either for a good while. A single walbro 255 for example is capable of about 580WHP on 93oct & 480WHP on E85.

The guy that tuned your car is very knowledgeable, so he would of let you know if you needed something.

oscarquinones Jul 4, 2014 08:20 PM

jdjones you need pump and if you want to go E85. I recommend you also spoolinup or sparktech coils plug n play. And never Is bad to do also the O2 housing. that is small mod that gives diference.

tscompusa Jul 19, 2014 09:21 PM

Haven't done much to this. I was waiting for the heat wave to end. But this was still in the hot temps. So next update i think we can get our 360whp goal hopefully. the tq is there at least for now.

http://www.tscomptuned.net/_images/d...Untitled-4.jpg

BoosttedEVOx Aug 1, 2014 10:26 AM

Nice numbers

tscompusa Oct 30, 2014 11:12 PM

Heres the final numbers of the 93oct tune. Now we will be doing E85 next.

I would imagine keeping these cars around 380wtq is best for the stock block? Same rule applies for the 4b11 as the 4g63?

http://www.tscomptuned.net/_images/d...3oct-final.jpg

MR. EVO MR Oct 31, 2014 01:17 AM

Big power for small mods, nice!

mcsteezy Nov 1, 2014 08:55 AM

nice numbers.