EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X Dyno Results (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-dyno-results-298/)
-   -   2011 Evo X GSR MHI 18K 402/354 (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-dyno-results/720051-2011-evo-x-gsr-mhi-18k-402-354-a.html)

Lil Evolution X Oct 8, 2015 04:01 PM

2011 Evo X GSR MHI 18K 402/354

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys. Finally got around to installing the MHI 18k. TopSpeed Motorsports in Atlanta installed the 18K along with supporting mods. Car made 402/354 @ 26psi on 93 octane - Dynojet. Mods listed in signature. Dynosheet attached. YouTube video link of Evo attached.

I would like to thank everyone for their support and advice prior to my build. I'd also like to thank Mike at TopSpeed Motorsports for answering my 1000 questions, being extremely patient with me, and fulfilling all my requests.

Any advice or input on my results is appreciated.

:usflag:

denlin68 Oct 9, 2015 11:14 AM

like your setup ! how to like the MHI turbo ? any lag for daily at low rpm?

e_kobz Oct 9, 2015 11:22 AM

Another awesome 18k thread. I want one so bad. Nice setup

Lil Evolution X Oct 9, 2015 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by denlin68 (Post 11519249)
like your setup ! how to like the MHI turbo ? any lag for daily at low rpm?

Thanks! And I actually don't know yet, I'm finishing my tour here in Korea and won't get to drive it until I get back next month. But from what I understand it's an amazing DD turbo, full boost just under 4,000 rpm. I'll let you know more once I get to drive her.

Lil Evolution X Oct 25, 2015 08:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok so now I'm getting a check engine light, checked and it's a P0172 code via AccessPort. I did notice that the Evo blows blackish/charcoal smoke when in boost, but not really during highway cruising. Anyone know what could be the issue? Maybe a bad tune or too rich of a tune?

lbcevo Oct 28, 2015 01:06 PM

You may have a rich tune, please tell me you have a wideband and boost gauge. If you have a wideband this will quickly tell you if it's rich or lean--on 93 anything below 10.5 AFR after full boost is rich, anything above 11.5 is lean

I don't see anything about gauges in your sig. I believe you can log with AP but it won't have a wideband signal unless you added that.

If you don't have a wideband, stop driving in boost until you install one or you're playing with fire--AEM, Innovate or Zeitronix are best.

Lil Evolution X Oct 29, 2015 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by lbcevo (Post 11528309)
You may have a rich tune, please tell me you have a wideband and boost gauge. If you have a wideband this will quickly tell you if it's rich or lean--on 93 anything below 10.5 AFR after full boost is rich, anything above 11.5 is lean

I don't see anything about gauges in your sig. I believe you can log with AP but it won't have a wideband signal unless you added that.

If you don't have a wideband, stop driving in boost until you install one or you're playing with fire--AEM, Innovate or Zeitronix are best.

Ok. I just purchased a Tanabe Revel 4.9. I'll install and have the car retuned if needed. I'll pick up a boost gauge once I get my ortiz pod in, I can use my AP for boost for now. Thanks for the advice man!

Gan-san Oct 29, 2015 06:02 PM

Liking the numbers on your setup! Let me know what you think about the Tanabe revel by the way (installation and overall rating). I can't decide between that and the AEM one.

ghozt Oct 29, 2015 09:26 PM

Do a boost leak test. Sounds like you are leaking while under boost. Prolly a band did not get fully tight on the instal or maybe worked loose. Black smoke is also sign of rich mixture. But don't push the car hard in boost until you get the code or leaks resolved. Nice set up and tune btw. That turbo looks fun!

Lil Evolution X Nov 4, 2015 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Gan-san (Post 11529015)
Liking the numbers on your setup! Let me know what you think about the Tanabe revel by the way (installation and overall rating). I can't decide between that and the AEM one.

Thanks man. I'll let you know how the Tanabe turns out!

Originally Posted by ghozt (Post 11529091)
Do a boost leak test. Sounds like you are leaking while under boost. Prolly a band did not get fully tight on the instal or maybe worked loose. Black smoke is also sign of rich mixture. But don't push the car hard in boost until you get the code or leaks resolved. Nice set up and tune btw. That turbo looks fun!

Ok thanks for advice. Yea, I'm gonna take it easy, my tuner is looking into the issue and I should have it retuned soon.

Ngo123 Nov 7, 2015 12:21 AM

Nice numbers. I just bought the turbo. I'm excited lol

Lil Evolution X Nov 12, 2015 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by lbcevo (Post 11528309)

Originally Posted by ghozt (Post 11529091)

Ok. So TopSpeed has informed me that their TSM injectors are recalled and are having fuel trimming issues. The are going to reinstall new injectors and retune free of charge, and recommended either ID 1000s for free or I can pay about $300 more and get the ID 1300s.

What do you guys recommend? Note: MHI 18K on 93 octane, but I would like to go E85 in the future. I have a TSM 340 fuel pump (it's not hard wired, no fuel rail or FPR)

Thanks in advance guys!

ETS Michael Nov 12, 2015 03:50 PM

If you plan to go E85 I would get the 1300s. It will give you a little room to grow and should max out right when that pump does.

- Robert

ghozt Nov 13, 2015 04:54 AM

I 2nd the 1300s if you can swing the extra cash. And might as well have them tune for e85 while you have it on the dyno?

MisterRegato Nov 13, 2015 06:01 AM

yeah ID 1300 are normally 900, get them so you have room to mature like a caterpillar