Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Stock Fosgate Amp + aftermarket radio = WORKS!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2011, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by atombomb33
A less complex option is to order this: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120MITO...a-MITO-02.html
Cool good find. But honestly, if you upgrade to an aftermarket head unit - Take the Fosgate Amp and Sub out. Its a huge piece of ****, IMO
Old Jul 20, 2011, 06:42 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Built2Fast
Cool good find. But honestly, if you upgrade to an aftermarket head unit - Take the Fosgate Amp and Sub out. Its a huge piece of ****, IMO
Agreed. I would redo the entire system. But, there are some guys out there that didn't get the factory navi and like the stereo and just want to replace the head unit with a navi.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by atombomb33
A less complex option is to order this: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120MITO...a-MITO-02.html
don't buy this. i have this in my car with the Pioneer App radio. and i noticed a HUGE decrease in sound quality after installing this. i can't turn my volume up past 22 before the music starts distorting, the sub is weak, even when turned all the way up. that an my rear speakers work half of the time when they want to. sound in general cuts in and out when it wants to. its a disaster.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo10HKS
don't buy this. i have this in my car with the Pioneer App radio. and i noticed a HUGE decrease in sound quality after installing this. i can't turn my volume up past 22 before the music starts distorting, the sub is weak, even when turned all the way up. that an my rear speakers work half of the time when they want to. sound in general cuts in and out when it wants to. its a disaster.
Really..? Is this a common problem? I'm thinking of doing a nav system but don't want to sacrifice sound quality.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 09:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Nickzorz91
Really..? Is this a common problem? I'm thinking of doing a nav system but don't want to sacrifice sound quality.
well i got too tired of hearing my speakers cut out, so i took it out last week and made sure everything was tight. it could be the harness itself but i had to put it back in a certain position for my speakers to work right. So the cutting out issue was fixed.

but yes the decrease in quality is a very common problem for the mito02 harness. if you look through this thread and some others about it, its pretty common across the board.

im planning on either getting the OEM nav, or getting the Chinese navigation thats made to work with the stock foresgate system without having to buy the harness, so since i dont have to use a harness im sure sound quality would be back to stock on that unit.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 01:03 AM

This stinks, why can't I see your pictures? All there is is a box that says click to descover imagesshack
Old Feb 18, 2017, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

i have a 2014 and used a MITO-03 and i get the sound cutting in and out issue.

Has anyone found a reliable adapter for the 14+?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ralli04Art
i have a 2014 and used a MITO-03 and i get the sound cutting in and out issue.

Has anyone found a reliable adapter for the 14+?
No. The Mito-03 is the only one.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:59 PM

Hi my friends,I need your help.
My car is 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer 1.8 cvt and i have original rockford fosgate system.
i did buy 10.2 Android multimedia. (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2G-1...809825395.html)
and i did buy a canbus for my rockford fosgate system. i did install all. I installed the multimedia. overall nice. But the subwoofer in the trunk plays wery weak. almost not work.unfortunately we can not find a solution.please watch my videos;
with rockford fosgate head unit:
with android canbus :

footnote: i did adjustment equalizer with rockford fosgate headunit.but when i do install new multimedia, amplifier forgets eq settings and reset bass,punch,treble,mid vs.
do not look up for bad english
Old Aug 26, 2020, 04:17 PM

Help trying to connect

Originally Posted by eray
Hi my friends,I need your help.
My car is 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer 1.8 cvt and i have original rockford fosgate system.
i did buy 10.2 Android multimedia. (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2G-1...809825395.html)
and i did buy a canbus for my rockford fosgate system. i did install all. I installed the multimedia. overall nice. But the subwoofer in the trunk plays wery weak. almost not work.unfortunately we can not find a solution.please watch my videos;
with rockford fosgate head unit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO7Njn5bhWw
with android canbus : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MVR774pYpY

footnote: i did adjustment equalizer with rockford fosgate headunit.but when i do install new multimedia, amplifier forgets eq settings and reset bass,punch,treble,mid vs.
do not look up for bad english

hi there so I’ve been trying to hook this up and as much as I tried to find a video or forum to how it works i couldn’t. I bought an aftermarket stereo and a canbus for the fosgate system but I get no sound . I see the canbus comes with its own power cable so idk how that works when the stereo itself also has a power cable . Anyway you could show me your layout or explain to me what I need to do . Please and thank you