Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

How do you put in interior LEDs?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2011, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you put in interior LEDs?

I have 6 LED tubes from LEDGlow for the interior of my 2010 Evo X MR. I'm only 18 and don't know too much about the innards of cars, so I'm pretty clueless on how to hook it all up (it came with no directions.) I have a friend who claims he's done it before and can set it up, but quite frankly I don't trust him working around my car. Then again I don't really trust myself too much either, lol. So, can anyone offer some help? Or would it be advisable to just bring it to an expert/professional and have them set it up?

This is the kit I have, if it helps at all: http://www.ledunderbody.com/Million-...hting-Kit.aspx
Old Apr 11, 2011, 12:52 PM

Hey man I have installed the same set up in my EVO X and it was really easy and straight forward. All you need to to do is hook it up to a 12v and then mount the tubes. I had six tubes so I mounted two under the dash, two under the seat and two under the seat in the rear and just hide the wires as I went along.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 01:24 PM

I kinda need more details than that x.x
Old Apr 11, 2011, 04:00 PM

Well I ran the red power all the back to the battery in the rear hiding the wire along the right lower trim the touches the floor. I placed the main controller and the the part the connects all the tubes in the center arm rest. and then I mounted the tubes first then ran the wires to the control unit hiding them on the side floor trim. for the ones under the seat you can run the wires right in to the arm rest area from underneath if you make a small cut. I had my whole center out at the time cause I was doing a short shifter at the same time. If you can just Google the full service manual for the car and look under the interior section it will show you all the good spots to run wires and how to take it all apart. I wish I could give you pictures but I took it out to sell to a friend for his Honda.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 05:09 PM

Thanks for your continued assistance.

Can't I just connect it to the 12v source in the center console though? Or would you still suggest connecting it to the battery? I'm just trying to find out whatever is easiest and will look good.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 07:54 PM

You can do the 12 volt source in the center console. I just ran in to the battery cause I was lazy and did not feel like taping or cutting any other wires.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 07:51 AM
Evolving Member

Do NOT run any power wire without fusing it. A short circuit will cause a fire instead of popping the fuse which is there for just such a thing. If you don't have a voltmeter, you can go directly to the battery, with a fuse on that line close to the battery. You can also go under the console and get the power supply you need but you will not be able to test which wire is correct without a voltmeter; you would have to find a wiring schematic for your car to know what's what. Also, I can't tell whether this product has an on/off function from the remote so you may or may not need to add a switch. If you have more questions you can PM me. I used to be an MECP.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by iceman1680
Do NOT run any power wire without fusing it. A short circuit will cause a fire instead of popping the fuse which is there for just such a thing. If you don't have a voltmeter, you can go directly to the battery, with a fuse on that line close to the battery. You can also go under the console and get the power supply you need but you will not be able to test which wire is correct without a voltmeter; you would have to find a wiring schematic for your car to know what's what. Also, I can't tell whether this product has an on/off function from the remote so you may or may not need to add a switch. If you have more questions you can PM me. I used to be an MECP.
this kit comes with a inline fuse already on the power supply.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 01:46 PM

I think this task is too much for me to handle, even though I keep hearing it's so easy >.<.

And btw, the remote does indeed have an on/off button.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 09:18 AM

Just wire it straight to the battery. It's already got a fuse, so you're good to go. Copper is copper. Make sure it's solidly secured and insulated. That's all there is too it.

Run the line through your firewall somewhere. Youtube and google some places you can sneak a line through.

Its really pretty straightforward. I promise.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 08:01 AM

Get a mini add-a-circuit like this

Connect the ledglow power wire to this by crimping it. Connect you ledglow ground to a bolt under your dash.

Replace the cigarette lighter fuse (circled in photo) with the add-a-circuit then add the fuse to the slot on the add-a-circuit and your done.

Did my Son's car that way for the LED Grille.

Last edited by SirLancerLots; Jun 15, 2013 at 08:06 AM.