Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

oem navi dash

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2010, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oem navi dash

the after market dash kits all look cheap imo.

what does it take for you to use the oem navi dash kit with after market doub din navi?
Old Apr 25, 2010, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ImEv0
the after market dash kits all look cheap imo.

what does it take for you to use the oem navi dash kit with after market doub din navi?
I hate all the kits as well. They do have trim pieces, that you have to trim yourself, that allow you to keep the OEM piece. Problem is that the OEM radio is much larger than the double din units. The trim piece area will look large and out of place. Still better than the dash kits that out there though imo.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 07:50 PM

Get the JDM double din unit, same quality as OEM.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jwilliams
Get the JDM double din unit, same quality as OEM.
and the jdm dash kit will work with after market double din?
Old Apr 26, 2010, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
and the jdm dash kit will work with after market double din?
Yes but the opening is slightly larger than double-din so you will need to ensure that you have a trim ring/bezel or you will have subtle but noticeable gap around your deck. The OEM NAV trim isn't ideal for an aftermarket deck. You will have to make a fair size custom bezel so it won't look very cohesive. Unfortunately due to the design and layout of the Lancer dash there isn't a 100% perfect kit for aftermarket decks. You just have to take a look at posted pics of various installs and choose the one you like best.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by heavyD
Yes but the opening is slightly larger than double-din so you will need to ensure that you have a trim ring/bezel or you will have subtle but noticeable gap around your deck. The OEM NAV trim isn't ideal for an aftermarket deck. You will have to make a fair size custom bezel so it won't look very cohesive. Unfortunately due to the design and layout of the Lancer dash there isn't a 100% perfect kit for aftermarket decks. You just have to take a look at posted pics of various installs and choose the one you like best.
understood
thanks for pointing it out.

now, whats the difference between jdm and usdm dash kit?
Old Apr 26, 2010, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
now, whats the difference between jdm and usdm dash kit?
I think it depends on your model. The JDM kit is not bad but is pricey and I think you could order a USDM MR kit for probably not too much more.

I like my OEM piece. The first pic shows the hole you'll need to fill. My Clarion has the same size screen but is still smaller then most other decks so the gap effect is amplified. It used to seem really bad, but I'm used to it now. Plus I dig all of the functionality that the Clarion has.

Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

ic...

that looks great!
Old May 5, 2010, 12:04 AM
Evolving Member

The JDM comes in two trims, one for stock navi with wider opening and one for aftermarket double dins that has a trim piece to fill the gap.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 01:08 PM

Does anyone have the part# for the stock navi bezel (rocker fosgate), or know where I can get the JDM double din bezel? Thanks!
Old Jan 22, 2012, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

You can get the JDM one at JapanParts. I'll see if I can find a part number for just the dash piece on the RF trim.

http://www.japanparts.com/db/parts_d...=&SEARCH_page=
Old Jan 24, 2012, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by mrMTB
You can get the JDM one at JapanParts. I'll see if I can find a part number for just the dash piece on the RF trim.

http://www.japanparts.com/db/parts_d...=&SEARCH_page=
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

bumping this because I also want the part# for the OEM navi dash kit (the wider one, not the one for aftermarket double dins). The one on the japanparts.com website (73165A) is not coming up for any US OEM distributors. Is the OEM wide navi dash kit only available in Japan?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 07:51 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

^^ The OEM wide should be available in the US - if it's available separately from the entire RF Navi install kit.

PM RussellM.. he should be able to tell ya.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 03:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jblade
bumping this because I also want the part# for the OEM navi dash kit (the wider one, not the one for aftermarket double dins). The one on the japanparts.com website (73165A) is not coming up for any US OEM distributors. Is the OEM wide navi dash kit only available in Japan?
I'm not 100% but I believe the "JDM" dash kit is misleading. The JDM version of the dashkit looks identical to the rest of the worlds (from pictures I've seen). The one Japan parts sells looks to be made by some one else as its a slightly different design. Japan parts will sell either the wider version for the stock navi or the regular width for standard double dins.

Quick Reply: oem navi dash