Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Android 10.2 not working with amp?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2018, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Android 10.2 not working with amp?

Hey guys, recently installed the android 10.2 display. Install was easy but it doesn't seem to connect with the RF amp? Triple checked the canbus, everything they sent seems to be correct. Sub doesn't work, speaker quality went down, and I can't seem to get a response from the company.

I've seen a couple people with the same issue but haven't found the solution anywhere. Adjusting the bass does nothing on their app. Let me know if there is something beside the canbus I should check! Thanks.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by booloop
Hey guys, recently installed the android 10.2 display. Install was easy but it doesn't seem to connect with the RF amp? Triple checked the canbus, everything they sent seems to be correct. Sub doesn't work, speaker quality went down, and I can't seem to get a response from the company.

I've seen a couple people with the same issue but haven't found the solution anywhere. Adjusting the bass does nothing on their app. Let me know if there is something beside the canbus I should check! Thanks.
What year is your Evo? The cambus Box for the 2008-2013 RF cars is different and changed for 2014-2017 Evos and Lancers.

That may be your issue.

Or you can go to Device Settings and then Factory Settings, the password is 126 and go to the manufacturer option and make sure it is on Mitsubishi Outlander and with RF Amp option. Then save changes and reboot unit and see if it works.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the same android head unit as you, you need to get the adapter from the company you ordered the head unit from in order to use it with the stock/aftermarket subwoofer. You should email or call up the company you got it from. I remember when I got mines on Amazon, they mentioned when purchasing it if it was for a stock Fosgate subwoofer or non Fosgate. Wish they made detailed instructions on using the device. Hope this helps. I love that android head unit.