Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

WTF IS THE BEST BEST CAR ALARM FOR THE CAR! It's so hard to figure out..

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2016, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
WTF IS THE BEST BEST CAR ALARM FOR THE CAR! It's so hard to figure out..

I swear i have spent MONTHS reading reviews and first money was a issue now i don't even care. what is the BEST car alarm? Everyone complains about the new viper remote draining the battery and popping the trunk because of sensitive buttons. Compustar has one that no one really even has! Autopage used to be my favorite but now it seems like they are not even releasing good product anymore!! So what is everyone using!?
Old Apr 27, 2016, 09:17 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
trunk monkey
Old Apr 27, 2016, 11:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
I'm using an older viper alarm, but really you should just look for the following features:

1. Shock sensor
2. Tilt sensor
3. Ignition kill upon triggering

You really won't need any more than that. Remember that no car alarm is perfect and that if someone really wants to take your car they will drag it up a flatbed using a winch.

Remote start and backup batteries are another two features that may not be useful.

-pal215
Old Apr 28, 2016, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
Here's my crazy $.02

Directed owns the market still. Viper, Clifford, Python, Avital, Automate, etc.

Before I had a garage and was dealing with street or driveway parking, 2-way paging was the most important feature to me. I want to know from my bedroom that something is going on.

But now that I'm older and wiser (ha!), at the end of the day, a good insurance policy and some cash in the bank for the deductible is the way to go.

You can't afford confrontation with thieves these days. Someone ends up hurt, dead, or being sued so what's the point?

Alarms don't really stop anything and typically just **** off your neighbors. Even if you find out, are you going to risk being injured or killed by a thief, or going to jail for injuring/killing a thief? Poor life choice there.

I think the blinking LED from the factory is probably as good a deterrent as it gets.

If you're worried about recovering your baby after a theft, go for a GPS tracker with service and alerting if your car leaves your home area.
The following 2 users liked this post by splattj:
luisluqin12 (Apr 28, 2016), migs647 (May 8, 2016)
Old Apr 28, 2016, 04:57 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by warmmilk
trunk monkey
Gets my vote. If it's illegal in your state, look into Drone alarm/GPS tracking/phone ap. You will know where your car is, at all times, within a few feet. You can operate every electrical part of the car from you phone, at any time (fun for tripping out your friends and family). Your phone rings/receives a text when someone sets off the alarm and can notify authorities immediately, with the touch of a button.
Last I heard, there was support for cameras, but I haven't checked on that to confirm.

If anyone happens to be in Central CA, two of my friends own stereo shops and can hook it up.