Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
I don't think there is mapping by default, once you set it up i had problems modifying it.

Originally Posted by OhaiitzDakota
What the buttons are mapped to by default doesn't bother me personally since the call function buttons are mapped to mute, Bluetooth, and one other that I can't think of off the top of my head but I never use it so it's whatever.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NinjaX
I don't think there is mapping by default, once you set it up i had problems modifying it.
I was never able to program the buttons to be anything and I still can't, they just started working for me and I can't change them. At least for me, though the volume buttons work as they should, the up arrow skips to the next song, down goes back to the beginning or to the previous song, and mode cycles through the built in radio, Bluetooth, and stock music player.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah im going to researh this and see if is something on the android side.

Originally Posted by OhaiitzDakota
I was never able to program the buttons to be anything and I still can't, they just started working for me and I can't change them. At least for me, though the volume buttons work as they should, the up arrow skips to the next song, down goes back to the beginning or to the previous song, and mode cycles through the built in radio, Bluetooth, and stock music player.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 05:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
any one got problem with the mic, when some one call me he thinks i'm in the well and they hear them self ( like echo)
Old Apr 10, 2017, 05:55 AM
Evolving Member

Do you have the external mic or using the front one? Depending of where did you put the external mic people hear it like that.

Originally Posted by cloom2000
any one got problem with the mic, when some one call me he thinks i'm in the well and they hear them self ( like echo)
Old Apr 10, 2017, 06:09 AM

i got external one ( the one what comes with the radio) i mount already in few spots and all the time the same thing, first mounted under steer column, move to the top and also i was holding the mike on my knee same thing all the time

Last edited by cloom2000; Apr 10, 2017 at 06:29 AM.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
What is everyone using for external memory? I was going to get a passport but can we go higher than 32GB?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by TxFAkuma
What is everyone using for external memory? I was going to get a passport but can we go higher than 32GB?
It's a USB connection so you can add whatever hard drive you want. I have a external HD and flash drive connected in my glove compartment with movies and music. Size doesn't matter. As far as microSD card? It's probably limited to 64 or 128 GB depending on specs.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 08:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Has anyone gotten backup camera with audio still playing to work?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoXSTL
It's a USB connection so you can add whatever hard drive you want. I have a external HD and flash drive connected in my glove compartment with movies and music. Size doesn't matter. As far as microSD card? It's probably limited to 64 or 128 GB depending on specs.
Hmmm... I could of sworn i read somewhere it only supports 32GB max. Guess not. What external HD do you have? Passport? Need something that powers up using the USB.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by TxFAkuma
Hmmm... I could of sworn i read somewhere it only supports 32GB max. Guess not. What external HD do you have? Passport? Need something that powers up using the USB.
You might be right on the microSD card. Yes, a passport will work fine. I have a 500gb HD connected. I want to find a better music app though than stock.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

Yes on Extra Settings

Originally Posted by Rasperin
Has anyone gotten backup camera with audio still playing to work?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

I use poweramp, will try a WD passport 1TB that i have and see if works if not the 500GB are cheap.

Originally Posted by EvoXSTL
You might be right on the microSD card. Yes, a passport will work fine. I have a 500gb HD connected. I want to find a better music app though than stock.
The following users liked this post:
TxFAkuma (Apr 12, 2017)
Old Apr 18, 2017, 07:29 PM

I got problem with the Bluetooth some time is finding odb2 and cell some time looks like is off and can't connect with any device. Any one got the same problem
Old Apr 18, 2017, 07:31 PM

Yeah happens to me as well. I see a lot of bugs that need to be fixed. I get Google services stopped constantly.

Quick Reply: 10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A