Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
where you guys mount usb cables, mine are laying in glove dep. but i don't like how its look like, do you have any solutions to look nice ?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I ordered the Super Mini OBD2 OBDII ELM327 v2.1 Android Bluetooth Adapter Auto Scanner for the unit and it can not detect the OBD2. Does anyone have any idea how i can get this to work?? or any idea why it is not detecting the OBD2 via bluetooth?

Last edited by TxFAkuma; Apr 26, 2017 at 04:57 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 07:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
On the how to install the rear view camera, I found a couple of pretty good videos on youtube but none that directly talked about an evo or anything.

Hooking the sygav up to the reverse sensor and the correct rca point on the back of the 10.2 android 6 (sure this doesn't say sygav but it's the same thing)

Hooking up the sygav in your car, at 1m 30s he points out the rca cable, the rest is just installing it and nothing to do with the reverse camera:

Running the cables through the car:

HOWEVER THAT IS FOR A LANCER, so it's pretty dead on except how he get's it to the over the tail light. We have a giant heat sheild there that makes it impossible to run an rca cable through there, I ended up having to drill through the trunk and drop it down.

This is a quick info, I can try to do an after the fact image guide to how I set mine up but it works great.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Video for obd2
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:45 AM

The following users liked this post:
TxFAkuma (Apr 27, 2017)
Old Apr 27, 2017, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

^ I was unaware that i needed to start the car to get it to sync. Still, my unit is not detecting it. Maybe i have to go through another setting and not only bluetooth?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

I am having a very hard time connecting torque to bluetooth. My system does not detect the bluetooth. I waited literally 30min and still nothing. It shows a red light on the 327 Bluetooth thing but it never detects it on the system. What am I doing wrong? Is it a faulty bluetooth?

Also, can someone tell me how to fully turn this unit off? It just goes into sleep mode I believe. It turns on way to quick to fully be off and I never see the load up logo.. EVER.

Last edited by TxFAkuma; Apr 28, 2017 at 03:09 PM.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 03:24 PM

Bluthooth reset. Try a reset. Go into settings and look for backup &reset and click on it then look for factory data reset.click on that then its going to say reset machine.click on that.its gonna take a few minutes for the machine to reboot note doing this will erase all data . You would have to re install the torque app and any other apps that you installed. You'll find the torque app in the app installer under oem . I have done this and it worked for me
TxFAkuma (Apr 28, 2017)
Old Apr 28, 2017, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Welcome to the Chess Game.

go to the bluetooh app and delete all Bluetooth devices. Then add odbii first and then your phone. Go to torwque and select odb.

if not then just add odbii and go torque.

Originally Posted by TxFAkuma
I am having a very hard time connecting torque to bluetooth. My system does not detect the bluetooth. I waited literally 30min and still nothing. It shows a red light on the 327 Bluetooth thing but it never detects it on the system. What am I doing wrong? Is it a faulty bluetooth?

Also, can someone tell me how to fully turn this unit off? It just goes into sleep mode I believe. It turns on way to quick to fully be off and I never see the load up logo.. EVER.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ran1
Bluthooth reset. Try a reset. Go into settings and look for backup &reset and click on it then look for factory data reset.click on that then its going to say reset machine.click on that.its gonna take a few minutes for the machine to reboot note doing this will erase all data . You would have to re install the torque app and any other apps that you installed. You'll find the torque app in the app installer under oem . I have done this and it worked for me
^ I will definitely try this. It doesn't matter if my apps get deleted... I just received the unit. I hope this works!

Originally Posted by NinjaX
Welcome to the Chess Game.

go to the bluetooh app and delete all Bluetooth devices. Then add odbii first and then your phone. Go to torwque and select odb.

if not then just add odbii and go torque.
In my options in bluetooth i do not have a "delete all".. I think. I'll go do this now. Thanks!
Old Apr 28, 2017, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ran1

THIS WORKED!!!!! I love you!
Old Apr 28, 2017, 07:23 PM

������������������������

Last edited by Ran1; Apr 28, 2017 at 07:31 PM.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 07:30 PM

I'm glad it worked for you TxFAKuma I had the same problem
Old Apr 29, 2017, 01:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone know how to get the factory Navigation program back on the Android Head Unit. When i did the MCU update it got deleted. I think it was the Go app but not sure. I have the 6.0 android unit.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Uou can re install it from the gps sd card is call igo

Originally Posted by rsxblack
Anyone know how to get the factory Navigation program back on the Android Head Unit. When i did the MCU update it got deleted. I think it was the Go app but not sure. I have the 6.0 android unit.
rsxblack (Apr 29, 2017)

Quick Reply: 10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A