Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Ran1
I'm glad it worked for you TxFAKuma I had the same problem
yes it worked for a little while. Now I just keep getting the flashing car symbol. I check the adaptor status and it shows it is connected fine in the torque app but when I go to Bluetooth settings to redetect the obd2 it can't find it. So now I have to reset the unit again.
Old May 4, 2017, 07:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got the ELM327 and i'm having the same issue. I can my cell phone to the dongle but i can't connect my radio to it. What seams weird is that I can connect my Ipod to the android head unit going through the Ipod but can not connect to the ipod going through the head unit. I did the reset factory and it still doens't work. The OBII dongle shows up on the head unit but when i hit connect and yes it doesn't do anything like ask for the pairing code. Its seams to me there is a issue with connecting to a device via bluetooth. Ima probably buy the wifi version of the OBII and see if that works.
Old May 5, 2017, 03:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
This unit have some sort of problems with the obdii, i try to pair my new obdlink mx and it hs been a challenge the cheap obdii works by doing the sequece of delete phone add obdii add phone

Originally Posted by rsxblack
I just got the ELM327 and i'm having the same issue. I can my cell phone to the dongle but i can't connect my radio to it. What seams weird is that I can connect my Ipod to the android head unit going through the Ipod but can not connect to the ipod going through the head unit. I did the reset factory and it still doens't work. The OBII dongle shows up on the head unit but when i hit connect and yes it doesn't do anything like ask for the pairing code. Its seams to me there is a issue with connecting to a device via bluetooth. Ima probably buy the wifi version of the OBII and see if that works.
Old May 6, 2017, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine has a problem sometimes where it gets hung up on a protocol and won't read anything from the car then and all I do is restart it and everything works again. Then again I haven't updated it at all so that could fix some things.
Old May 6, 2017, 03:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just tried out the wifi OBII dongle and it works with no problem. The only bad thing is that you can only connect to one wifi device at a time to the radio unit if you are wifi tethering to your phone. But other than that, it works like a charm.
Old May 6, 2017, 07:32 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Can anybody that has this head unit post some video of them driving around in the day in bright sunlight?

All the videos I have seen are parked in a garage or parked in a parking lot.
Old May 8, 2017, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am having so much trouble with this unit so far. I installed and updated the UI to the March 23, 2017 and the newer MCU update. I cannot get Wi-Fi connected. My Bluetooth cannot connect to the ELM 327 (Can see it, but cannot connect/pair). I can connect to the head unit to my phone via bluetooth, but there is no audio. The steering wheel buttons will work one second and change to different settings after a short period of time. Right now, the head unit does not recognize any button presses, so not working at all. Finally, does this head unit turn off at all? It seems to just go into sleep mode.
Old May 8, 2017, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

Is not as stable as you may think, update to April MCU. Then do and update to Malysk or April update of the main android. Etc

i uually delete all my Bluetooth then pair ODBII first then pair phone etc.
Originally Posted by popdakebin
I am having so much trouble with this unit so far. I installed and updated the UI to the March 23, 2017 and the newer MCU update. I cannot get Wi-Fi connected. My Bluetooth cannot connect to the ELM 327 (Can see it, but cannot connect/pair). I can connect to the head unit to my phone via bluetooth, but there is no audio. The steering wheel buttons will work one second and change to different settings after a short period of time. Right now, the head unit does not recognize any button presses, so not working at all. Finally, does this head unit turn off at all? It seems to just go into sleep mode.
The following users liked this post:
popdakebin (May 8, 2017)
Old May 8, 2017, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

Because I did the MCU update after the UI update, I'll try updating the UI again. The most important for me is bluetooth. If there are any other tips, that will be great. Also, does this thing shut down completely? Or just go to sleep when I turn off the car? I'm afraid of it draining my battery.

Originally Posted by NinjaX
Is not as stable as you may think, update to April MCU. Then do and update to Malysk or April update of the main android. Etc

i uually delete all my Bluetooth then pair ODBII first then pair phone etc.
Old May 8, 2017, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone use SideSync to show their phone screen on the screen? I think the system has some connection app but not sure if it's safe.
Old May 8, 2017, 06:08 PM

Anyone get the TPS Monitor to work with it?
Old May 8, 2017, 09:31 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
Can anybody that has this head unit post some video of them driving around in the day in bright sunlight?

All the videos I have seen are parked in a garage or parked in a parking lot.
None of you have this? C'mon now...
Old May 9, 2017, 04:38 AM
Evolving Member

I try to record one for you today LOL.

Originally Posted by razorlab
None of you have this? C'mon now...
Old May 9, 2017, 04:38 AM
Evolving Member

You can change the behavior on other options inside factory settings.
Originally Posted by popdakebin
Because I did the MCU update after the UI update, I'll try updating the UI again. The most important for me is bluetooth. If there are any other tips, that will be great. Also, does this thing shut down completely? Or just go to sleep when I turn off the car? I'm afraid of it draining my battery.
Old May 9, 2017, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

I just bought this head unit and I am currently in the process of installing it in my Lancer. I am having trouble putting the AC vents on the new head unit. I already cut a piece of plastic that was in the way.

Would any of you have some tips on getting the vents to fit properly?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: 10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A