Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2017, 08:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NinjaX
I see if i have time to record a video, but they need to be on the root of the gps sd card and not in a folder.
I tried both straight up on the SD card and in foulder and still didn't work. The MCU file that the head unit recognized was from a previous post u put up about a month and a half ago. The one that u just posted the head unit didn't see it. It would say MCU not found and when i hit the system update, nothing happens. Thanks for the help though.
Old May 28, 2017, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How exactly do you put it on the root of the gps as card having trouble updating too.

Originally Posted by NinjaX
I see if i have time to record a video, but they need to be on the root of the gps sd card and not in a folder.
Old May 28, 2017, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Guys

Everything is really easy.

Download the ROM.
Create a folder.
Move the ROM zip file to the new folder you created.
Right click on the ROM zip file and extract the file inside the folder.
Take the image file after the extraction or unzip is completed and moved to a 0 to 32 GB micro card.
Take it to the radio and go to settings and about devise and then click on update system.

That's it.

Same process for the MCU file.
Download the zip file create folder unzip it there then take the MCU file and moved to the micro sd and go to radio and go to settings and about device and click on update MCU.

Make sure there are no old system or MCU update files on your micro card from a previous install or update.
Old May 28, 2017, 07:09 PM

I think i found out why it wouldnt work. FYI, i downloaded winrar (it's free, google it) for windows and unzipped the files. I was using the windows version and that why is wasn't working. Now i have two disk img files. One for MCU and one for firmware.
Old May 29, 2017, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by rsxblack
I think i found out why it wouldnt work. FYI, i downloaded winrar (it's free, google it) for windows and unzipped the files. I was using the windows version and that why is wasn't working. Now i have two disk img files. One for MCU and one for firmware.
And that what is was. I wasn't unzipping the files right and that's why the head unit couldn't see the files to update.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 04:33 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
okay I bought one of these to run my Race Capture Pro unit on.

Should be here in two days. (yay Amazon) Now I just need a car to put it in... :-/
Old Jun 4, 2017, 06:15 PM

Forgive me everyone excuses my English but I use the translator:

I have an Evo x MR with RF Navi Bluetooth and SST EU.

With this radio, can I customize CANBUS settings from the radio with the NAVI stock? example:

Km / l or l / 100km
Light sensor sensitivity for headlights
Keyless etc
Old Jun 5, 2017, 06:50 AM

Hey guys,

i bought this unit for my Evo X. Its the 6.0 version with 2GB ram. MCU was updated to 2.51. Android OS was not updated.

I have random white lines on the screen as if the video processor is messing up. I made a short video of it:
watch?v=46G36nYPdc0 (please add that after youtube address. the system does not allow me to post any links due to low post count)

Does anyone have any idea of what is going on here? I reflashed to the latest MCU but it was the same with the previous one too. SHould i try to update the firmware? Anyone has a real solution to this?

I was told that this is a hardware issue on one of the XDA forums by a user (not manufacturer).

But... I downloaded the latest Android update (the 2017-3-24) and installed it yesterday. While the OS was installing - and the green android character was on the screen with it's ears moving - the screen was perfect. During the installation process there were no white lines on the screen.

Then once it rebooted and the "mitsubishi" symbol was fading in and out I could see some dead moving pixels. THen once i booted into the OS UI home screen i got the white lines again....

It almost seems like its NOT a hardware issue because the screen was perfect during the green android characted screen. Do you know what i mean??
Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:16 AM

i try to install the update of the system, after reboot screen stock on navigation logo, need help

Old Jun 5, 2017, 07:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mityaz
Hey guys,

i bought this unit for my Evo X. Its the 6.0 version with 2GB ram. MCU was updated to 2.51. Android OS was not updated.

I have random white lines on the screen as if the video processor is messing up. I made a short video of it:
watch?v=46G36nYPdc0 (please add that after youtube address. the system does not allow me to post any links due to low post count)

Does anyone have any idea of what is going on here? I reflashed to the latest MCU but it was the same with the previous one too. SHould i try to update the firmware? Anyone has a real solution to this?

I was told that this is a hardware issue on one of the XDA forums by a user (not manufacturer).

But... I downloaded the latest Android update (the 2017-3-24) and installed it yesterday. While the OS was installing - and the green android character was on the screen with it's ears moving - the screen was perfect. During the installation process there were no white lines on the screen.

Then once it rebooted and the "mitsubishi" symbol was fading in and out I could see some dead moving pixels. THen once i booted into the OS UI home screen i got the white lines again....

It almost seems like its NOT a hardware issue because the screen was perfect during the green android characted screen. Do you know what i mean??
Likely an issue with the GPU, seriously, that's a hardware issue man (maybe a soft as in software driven not talking to the hardware). I'd contact the manufacturer, send them the video.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 07:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cloom2000
i try to install the update of the system, after reboot screen stock on navigation logo, need help
Try using a different sd card to roll back to a previous version, probably have a corrupted binary.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
first, you need to make sure you have copy the 2 update firmware files (dmcu and dupdate) to the root directory of the SD card and plug the SD card into the unit.
Then please read the steps carefully before operating.
1.Power on the unit. push the reset button until the button lights blink 3 times.

2.release the reset button and then short click it one more time quickly.

3.and then release the reset button again, wait for the screen get into the system updating interface.

4.short click the reset button to move the highlight.

5.long push the reset button to fulfill the option where the highlight staying.

6.now the system updating.

Here is a video of the operating.

7. After system updating.
Please install the IGO apk in the APK installer in the menu.
There is a video to tell you how to install the IGO map.
(The video shows how to install IGO maps)

Originally Posted by cloom2000

The following users liked this post:
cloom2000 (Jun 5, 2017)
Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:19 PM

thank you NinjaX
Old Jun 10, 2017, 04:24 PM

when i download i dont get rom files

u get rar files and doesn't let me extract anything.

Originally Posted by 04AWDTURBOEVO
Guys

Everything is really easy.

Download the ROM.
Create a folder.
Move the ROM zip file to the new folder you created.
Right click on the ROM zip file and extract the file inside the folder.
Take the image file after the extraction or unzip is completed and moved to a 0 to 32 GB micro card.
Take it to the radio and go to settings and about devise and then click on update system.

That's it.

Same process for the MCU file.
Download the zip file create folder unzip it there then take the MCU file and moved to the micro sd and go to radio and go to settings and about device and click on update MCU.

Make sure there are no old system or MCU update files on your micro card from a previous install or update.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 05:12 PM

Use winrar. its a free program.

Quick Reply: 10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A