Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone,

To root, apart from using Kingoroot, can we flash supers via Dasaita's own recovery?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
What TPMS system. i have to choose make the app work in this unit? Anyone knows?

Thanks Rob
Old Jun 26, 2017, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
What TPMS system. i have to choose make the app work in this unit? Anyone knows?

Thanks Rob
I am using Dasaita's own TPMS system, plug and play with its own app. They have an external and internal sensor setup for you to choose. I find it very reliable and I can back and forth from Torque still ok, but doesn't appear to have a way to use PSI as unit. kpa and bar

Rob, quick question about your torque MUT3 plug in setup. what do you do when you turn off the car? Quit the app first so next time when you run it the obd data will reconnect or it just works with no intervention? If I don't exit torque then I will get force close when i turn off car (unit sleeps) and then back on when it wakes.

Thanks!
Old Jun 27, 2017, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

yes i turn off the app , and after the unit boots up i just restart the app.

Make sure your OBD BT adapter goes to sleep other wise its drains the battery. Look for OBD BT adapter which turns off when the car does.

Also if anyone care , i have a new softwere version for our unit

here is the link :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B__...JQc21JY0E/view

i find it more simple , but more clean looking i like it , but i am sure some people would like the older one .
So use it if you like it.
I got it from the seller on Ebay to get a new fresh software on the unit.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 08:34 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Have a photo of the new interface?
Old Jun 29, 2017, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Just received this radio, I noticed it only has a one channel output for the subwoofer. I have a 2 channel input mono amp. Is anyone using a "Y" splitter on the subwoofer output on the head unit to a 2 channel amp? Just curious how well that works or what other people have done with a similar setup
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:45 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm looking at getting the newest model with the Octa-Core and I've read several threads about the generic models about the audio being an issue. I was wondering how it sounds? Better than the stock deck? I like quality audio and I haven't found anything about being able to get good quality out if these.

​​​​​im currently deciding between a high end kenwood excelon with Hdmi/mhl input (mirror my cell phone) or the 10.2 Octa-Core. Id prefer to have a stand alone unit and it's $400 cheaper, but I don't want to be limited on eq adjustments and sound quality (want to be able to have clear and none distorted sound). I've also heard a lot of issues with newer kenwood units, but they are the only ones that can mirror android properly and have great audio capabilities. If I was able to mod the android unit to have amazing sound than that would win hands down! But I can only find audio chip mods for the mctb models.

Last edited by strykr; Jun 30, 2017 at 12:46 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I need help with wiring on the backup camera. I have seen others show wiring but for some reason, their wiring looks different (maybe because some have rocksford or because it's wiring from a Lancer)

I bought this camera off Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/CCD-Car-Reve...72.m2749.l2649

Here is what my OEM wiring looks like in the trunk. I need to know which wire is the signal wire, the power, etc. My car is an Exo X, base, no rockford.

https://i.imgur.com/lvEUaDf.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/2lhjI8i.jpg
http://imgur.com/XJF6DFU

Also, my steering wheel buttons do not register when I try to set them up. Anyone know of a potential fix?

Last edited by popdakebin; Jun 30, 2017 at 01:56 PM.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 07:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What music players are ya'll using to play music off a hard drive? The factory app is ok but seeing if there is a better one to create playlists within the app.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Is there a way to turn off the screen at night and keep listening radio, music etc????
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by audiofan
Is there a way to turn off the screen at night and keep listening radio, music etc????
yes, press and hold on the screen symbol on the screen until it turns off. then just simply touch the screen to wake it up .

Last edited by Robevo RS; Jul 12, 2017 at 11:26 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
yes, press and hold on the screen symbol on the screen until it turns off. then just simply touch the screen to wake it up .

Thanks, I tried only clicking on it and I got the brigthness bar to show. I have to hold it. Thanks again
Old Jul 12, 2017, 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

I was using torque via bluettoth and my ihpne no problem. Now it doesnt connect to torque (it shopws adapter is on but no communication with ecu) and my iphone is not listed in the bluetotth and I cant pair it again.

Anybody found a solution to this problem?

Running MCU MTCD_HA_V2.44_1 April 5 2017 (the one it came with the unit)

Also is there a way to turn off the unit completely (like reset) when I press the on button it goes to sleep
Old Jul 13, 2017, 07:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go to page 11 to see how to reset, update, and wipe data/clear data to start fresh. When u have done this, use the bluetooth app to connect bluetooth devices. On the app u should see a magnify glass to search and connect. Don't use/go through the settings. I've done this and haven't had any issues. Also i switch from that elm327 garbage to the more expensive MX OBII and it works/connects with out any issues.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rsxblack
Go to page 11 to see how to reset, update, and wipe data/clear data to start fresh. When u have done this, use the bluetooth app to connect bluetooth devices. On the app u should see a magnify glass to search and connect. Don't use/go through the settings. I've done this and haven't had any issues. Also i switch from that elm327 garbage to the more expensive MX OBII and it works/connects with out any issues.
Will do, I didn't wanted to erase everything, but it seems it is the only way.

I emailed the manufacturer and said that you can only connect one device at the same time to the bluetooth (not true) and I still can't do that.

What about updates? should I update to latest rom?

and MCU? what is this? should I also update MCU?

Quick Reply: 10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A