Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2017, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
So I thought I had the headunit setup to power down but after I had my Evo sitting for a couple days, the battery is drained and I had to put a charger on the car.

I set it to power off after "5 minutes" which I believe is the next option after "30 seconds" in the unit.

Did I miss something?
I had my radio in the standby mode for a wk without it killing my battery. I finally set it to power down completely. With the car off, check what the amps is on the battery, in standby mode, and complete shutdown mode. See if the draw on the battery is any different. Also wouldn't hurt to either disconnect the radio or pull the fuse and see how much the draw drops. Maybe it's not physically the radio, but a short somewhere.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Has anyone been able to get their flex fuel sensor to pair to this unit? It sees it but it don't connect to it. I even tried changing the passcode to 1234 and still nothing. I have no issues pairing to my tablet, so I know the sensor is working properly. My unit is fully updated
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 02modlanceroz
Has anyone been able to get their flex fuel sensor to pair to this unit? It sees it but it don't connect to it. I even tried changing the passcode to 1234 and still nothing. I have no issues pairing to my tablet, so I know the sensor is working properly. My unit is fully updated
I got it working. Reset all data. Changed passcode to 1234. Then paired it before pairing my phone. Then open blueflex and select the flex fuel sensor
Old Aug 15, 2017, 02:43 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I got it working. Reset all data. Changed passcode to 1234. Then paired it before pairing my phone. Then open blueflex and select the flex fuel sensor
I noticed pairing your sensors/OBD adaptors 1st prior to anything else makes them pair successfully. Add the phones after you've done those...Finicky magic & witchcraft involved here
Old Aug 20, 2017, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
That is correct for some reason it has to be on that order.

Originally Posted by DeDMeaT
I noticed pairing your sensors/OBD adaptors 1st prior to anything else makes them pair successfully. Add the phones after you've done those...Finicky magic & witchcraft involved here
Old Aug 31, 2017, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Is there any apps out there for the Bluetooth audio for the car side? Everything I have found is pretty much a media player for the phone side, that will send and connect to the car radio. I can't find anything that's for the receiving side of Bluetooth connection. The apps I found for the radio side, are pretty much an interface that you select that apps you want to use for media streaming... The reason I ask, I'm having bugs with the Bluetooth audio. A lot of times when I go to skip tracks with the steering wheel controls. The Bluetooth app crashes. If I use the touch screen to skip tracks, it works fine. If I use the steering wheel controls in Spotify, they work properly. Sometimes they work correct in the Bluetooth app, but not all the time. It seems like advancing a track is usually the result in an app crash.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 08:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyone know if I need to buy the unit with the canbus for an 08 Rockford if I'm not going to use the Rockford system and install all aftermarket stuff. Or will the regular unit power on without it?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mealbow
Possibly, it's weird though. My sub is making noise but it's so quiet you can't hear it. Kinda like it's turned all the way down.
I have the exact same issue. My sub works but only when I turn the bass portion of the EQ up(rock setting). The sub slider doesn't do anything.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 05:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
can we update the OS to V7? if we can its worth it?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I still dont know how to update the firmware on this unit. It says "Unit up to date" when i go to wireless update in the system.... Is the update worth it?
Old Sep 11, 2017, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TxFAkuma
I still dont know how to update the firmware on this unit. It says "Unit up to date" when i go to wireless update in the system.... Is the update worth it?
Go to the first page of this thread. He has the page for the firmware updates. You download the one you want, unzip it, and put it on an sd card. Then go to that page on the unit and install the updates.
The following users liked this post:
TxFAkuma (Sep 13, 2017)
Old Sep 13, 2017, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Go to the first page of this thread. He has the page for the firmware updates. You download the one you want, unzip it, and put it on an sd card. Then go to that page on the unit and install the updates.
Does it have to be on a SD CARD or can I just put it on a USB drive and put it into one of the usb slots to update?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

Put a USB and copy the files to the SD Card

Originally Posted by TxFAkuma
Does it have to be on a SD CARD or can I just put it on a USB drive and put it into one of the usb slots to update?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 03:40 AM
Evolving Member

PX5 Malysk V5 available here:
https://mega.nz/#F!qJUGDZiA!hmH0dVkHYmsVjxijPSAruw
The following users liked this post:
TxFAkuma (Oct 3, 2017)
Old Sep 19, 2017, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by NinjaX

whats new?

if I upgrade my system will delete apps and other files?

Quick Reply: 10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A