Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i know its the 21st century and we should all know how to work these "carputers" but please someone who successfully updated their MCU and whatever else to get the turn off option PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE upload a video or slide show on how!! lmao i can't figure it out and I've tried a million times. I've did the exact thing as the videos done by the online videos provided by Synav. its gotten to the point where I'm about to buy the new 7 version , if it means a fix to this problem.

please baby steps that way there is no room for error. from where you download it, to how it gets in the SD card.

thank you !
Old Oct 23, 2017, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoX126
i know its the 21st century and we should all know how to work these "carputers" but please someone who successfully updated their MCU and whatever else to get the turn off option PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE upload a video or slide show on how!! lmao i can't figure it out and I've tried a million times. I've did the exact thing as the videos done by the online videos provided by Synav. its gotten to the point where I'm about to buy the new 7 version , if it means a fix to this problem.

please baby steps that way there is no room for error. from where you download it, to how it gets in the SD card.

thank you !
Hahaha, Seriously man.. I have been googling all day and trying to update this thing so i can power this crap down all winter while it sits away in the garage. I got fed up because i don't even know.. so i came here to post the EXACT same thing you asked for LOL.

Can someone PLEASE actually post a VIDEO on how to get it onto a SD card (not sure why we can't just use a USB) and where you got the software update from and how to install it on the unit it would be greatly appreciated!
Old Oct 25, 2017, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Download this
https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/z0i9ts
Download winrar if you don't have it and extract the files. Take the extracted files, put them in the root of the SD card. Put sd card into unit and go to settings and system update. Run the file it finds. If it don't give you the mcu file as well. Download
https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/ufie8k
Extract it, follow same procedure and install mcu update
Old Oct 25, 2017, 04:39 PM

what if i have a Mac?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by 02modlanceroz
Download this
Download winrar if you don't have it and extract the files. Take the extracted files, put them in the root of the SD card. Put sd card into unit and go to settings and system update. Run the file it finds. If it don't give you the mcu file as well. Download

what if i have a MacBook ?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 05:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Put boot camp and load windows on your Mac.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by rsxblack
Put boot camp and load windows on your Mac.

the link you provided doesn't let me download the whole folder. it stops me at 300mb
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Download this
Even I'm tech savvy and I don't understand what you mean when you say "Take the extracted files, put them in the ROOT of the SD card".

You say put the SD into the unit... Is the slot of the SD card in the back of the unit? The only three things I know and that is the 3 USB options. Maybe I need to pay more attention to the unit LOL.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 05:54 PM

Download this

THANKS BRO IT WORKED! i used boot camp since i have a mac and everything else was easy.

when extracting to the micro sd card, you need to make sure you take out the actual file update and then plug that into the head unit. i had to download both links and did one by one, first the system update and then the mcu, one by one.
Attached Thumbnails 10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A-img_7155.jpg   10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A-img_7153.jpg   10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A-img_7154.jpg  
Old Oct 29, 2017, 04:27 PM

Hello, is anyone else having issues with the provided external microphone? When using my phone hands-free makes me sound like i'm in a tunnel and people can barely hear me. I know there is a internal mic built into the unit and was wondering if that works any better. I have the Dasaita 10.2 with 7.1 android.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TxFAkuma
Even I'm tech savvy and I don't understand what you mean when you say "Take the extracted files, put them in the ROOT of the SD card".

You say put the SD into the unit... Is the slot of the SD card in the back of the unit? The only three things I know and that is the 3 USB options. Maybe I need to pay more attention to the unit LOL.
The root is the top most folder. So when you first open your sd card. That's the root. If you opened a folder within the sd card. That would be a sub folder. The files you download are compressed. When you unzip them, you're extracting the files from the compressed file .
Old Oct 29, 2017, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoX126
THANKS BRO IT WORKED! i used boot camp since i have a mac and everything else was easy.

when extracting to the micro sd card, you need to make sure you take out the actual file update and then plug that into the head unit. i had to download both links and did one by one, first the system update and then the mcu, one by one.
Awesome man. Glad it worked for you!!!
The following users liked this post:
EvoX126 (Oct 31, 2017)
Old Oct 30, 2017, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
has any been able to DL / install EcuFlash or EvoScan on the 10.2 unit?
Says wont open up exe files. I DL'd a cpl different programs to help open, but no success..
Old Oct 30, 2017, 07:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by nonschlont
has any been able to DL / install EcuFlash or EvoScan on the 10.2 unit?
Says wont open up exe files. I DL'd a cpl different programs to help open, but no success..
It's an Android headunit, not windows.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:29 AM
Cyp
Evolving Member

this may have been covered. What is the maximum micro SD card size for the HU?

Quick Reply: 10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A