Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2018, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got it working. You have to enable "video while driving", even I wasn't driving.

Originally Posted by Evo0511
Try uninstalling the app and re-install it.

What I did was install TutuApp then once being inside the TutuApp, I downloaded youtube++ and Spotify++. Youtube, you can exit the app and music will still play. For Spotify it works as if you were a paying user but for free.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo0511
Here you go.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, you ordered the wrong year. Get with the seller to see if he can exchange the canbus (black little box) for your year 2008-2013.

Thanks, I actually received it today. Hooked up everything with the back up camera. I got to say it’s pretty awesome for what you are paying for. Are there any apps you guys are running besides YouTube or torque apps?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 04:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is there a way to delete preloaded apps or at least hide them? I don't like the colored squares either for each app, is there anyway to change that appearance?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Hey everyone I have the android 6.0 unit. I understand the performance specs for the system. But im confused with these newer versions. Can someone help me understand which one is the best currently? I'm planning on getting this unit for the wife for V-Day and well.. I want to know why some are saying that the 6.0 is better and faster than the 7.0. Also, is the 8.0 better than the 6.0 now? Faster?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mealbow
I tried installing everything last night but cant seem to get the wiring right. It boots up correctly and can get the steering controls, bluetooth and sound to come out but the slider for sub in the amp app doesnt seem to do anything and the sound quality is much worse than the stock system. In the pictures you can see the harness and canbus I recieved, can any of you assist with which rcas need to go where? I still get sound whether I have any of the sound rca cables plugged in or not if that works, almost like its not actually using the stock amp. I have a 15 ralliart with the rf system.

Thanks
Were you able to figure out the issue with your subwoofer? Just installed mine and the sub won't work either.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Anybody have issues with the GPS on the 7.0 version? When I got the unit the default GPS navigation app works fine and something happened. Now when I open the GPS nav app it load Google maps which doesn't work at all! Slow response and location isn't realtime.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeedI2acerX
Anybody have issues with the GPS on the 7.0 version? When I got the unit the default GPS navigation app works fine and something happened. Now when I open the GPS nav app it load Google maps which doesn't work at all! Slow response and location isn't realtime.
I don't have 7.0 but it should be similar to the 6.0. I can't remember exactly where it is, but I believe under settings of the unit, you can select the gps app and you can select which navigation app you want it to open. If you can't find it, I'll go out to the car and see where it is
Old Feb 11, 2018, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 02modlanceroz
I don't have 7.0 but it should be similar to the 6.0. I can't remember exactly where it is, but I believe under settings of the unit, you can select the gps app and you can select which navigation app you want it to open. If you can't find it, I'll go out to the car and see where it is
If u can find out that'll be gr3at. There's no option to pick the default GPS app just the Google map
Old Feb 12, 2018, 07:27 PM

Anybody else having issues with their subwoofer not working? Contacted SYGAV but no response from them in days.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeedI2acerX
If u can find out that'll be gr3at. There's no option to pick the default GPS app just the Google map
Go in -settings for the radio. Under CAR, click on -Navigation settings. Then -Navigation application options. Under here is where you can change what app opens with the navigation button. IGO is the one that was default from factory.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah I've been to that setting option. I think with the new update they took the default navigation out. Well regardless of what I tried the GPS is crap on the dasaita 7.0 version. I'm just going to return to amazon.

Originally Posted by 02modlanceroz
Go in -settings for the radio. Under CAR, click on -Navigation settings. Then -Navigation application options. Under here is where you can change what app opens with the navigation button. IGO is the one that was default from factory.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Got to update to the new v7 ROM from Malaysk.

Liking the the new launchers.
Attached Thumbnails 10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A-screenshot_2018-02-15-01-05-05.png  
Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
I got my 6.0 yesterday and i love it!!
so much better than the RF, its a night a day difference!!
install was a snap too!!!
Old Mar 2, 2018, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Update-

i canceled my subscription to Sirius Satellite Radio and got a Roav Viva usb charger with ALEXA!!

now all i do is say Alexa take me home, Alexa play a song, Alexa compliment me, Alexa who’s the boss, and so on lol
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by DRAGHICI

Update-

i canceled my subscription to Sirius Satellite Radio and got a Roav Viva usb charger with ALEXA!!

now all i do is say Alexa take me home, Alexa play a song, Alexa compliment me, Alexa who’s the boss, and so on lol
Hold up, so you're using this Roav device and you connect it to your android head unit and then just bark commands at it, in which it uses the headunit to perform the commands? Say I connect the headunit to my spotify, I can then just say "Alexa, play pearl jam on spotify" and that ***** starts Even Flow'ing?

Quick Reply: 10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A